• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

headybrew

surrender to the flow
Skier
Regarding A-Basin going independent

I sent them an email yesterday letting them know if they drop off the Epic pass that I would buy a double down season pass. If they don't hear from their customers how will they ever make good decisions? Wouldn't hurt for more people to start emailing them the same thing.

And true to my word I purchased a Double Down pass today. Really hoping it gets all the unannounced benefits of next years pass but we'll see.

PinnacleJim

Out on the slopes
Skier
Had a great morning at Copper. Cold but not much wind and decent sun. Only an inch or two fresh, but Bowls were skiing very nicely. Surprising large crowd in Copper Bowl for a Wednesday.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Question for the CO crew.....starting to plan for a quick family Easter trip.... 4/19-23. With the winter ur having...u think all resorts in play this late in April this year?

*We have been going to Mammoth over Easter....but airfare is outrageous into RNO this year...so thinking DEN and I70 resorts. (Have been to most/all of them...but never this late in April)

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
@BC.

Vail closes April 21
Beaver Creek closes April 14

Those two are at lower elevation so Vail is likely to maybe not be in prime condition for your trip due to melting. I may be wrong, but I'd expect a lot of freeze, thaw and afternoon corn to slush.

Breck, Winter Park, Loveland and A basin, because of higher elevation are likely to be in good shape for your visit. I'm planning on making a long weekend trip the week before you and will be skiing Breck, Loveland and A Basin.

Last edited:

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@BC.

Vail closes April 21
Beaver Creek closes April 14

Those two are at lower elevation so Vail is likely to maybe not be in prime condition for your trip due to melting.

Breck, Winter Park, Loveland and A basin, because of higher elevation are likely to be in good shape for your visit. I'm planning on making a long weekend trip the week before you and will be skiing Breck, Loveland and A Basin.

Thanks....I was hopefully targeting those same 3....Breck, LL, AB.....for those same reasons...:thumb:

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
IMG_0914.JPG
Thanks....I was hopefully targeting those same 3....Breck, LL, AB.....for those same reasons...:thumb:
A couple years ago, i skied Loveland on April 29th with very good snow conditions and it then dumped a foot of fresh the next 24hrs.

This pic was before the fresh snow arrived.

Last edited:
TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
C5863DC3-0DD4-48CE-B899-5A75EF946B5E.png

Given recent low end accums, I am surprised to see 14” as a range in SW flow...but there is some jet enhancement so maybe...

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
For the winter storm warning at the beginning of this week the 1-2’ predicted for Telluride turned out to be 6”. Now pretty much the same prediction is happening for this warning. Based on the CDOT alerts this morning it looks like the place to be is again Wolf Creek. @Core2 looks like you made the right call.

@hespeler not sure if you are here yet but conditions are really good. You will enjoy them. Might not get the great views especially from See for Ever but the skiing is really really good

Freaq

Pretends to be local
Skier
A bit nippy in the high alpine today, eh? Top of our hill was closed yesterday during a bit of a wind event but today the sugar jar was opened up and it was saweeet! A key rope was dropped and my buds and I were the first three down Waterfall, that's one I'll remember for a long time. Check out the track shot at :18. That was mosdef a season highlight but the whole day was soft, soft buff buff interspersed with deep deep pow pow. Fun, fun = )

Stava missed our first few runs......
https://www.relive.cc/view/2165786195

TS
nay

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
@Core2 did you see that Snowbowl got 54”, with almost 40” in Flagstaff? The latter broke a record set in 1915 for a 24 hour total.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Core2 did you see that Snowbowl got 54”, with almost 40” in Flagstaff? The latter broke a record set in 1915 for a 24 hour total.

Yes, it even snowed in Scottsdale! We will be skiing into May this year in AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online