• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018/19 Bandages & Band-Aids thread

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
The tip of my finger has a small crack in it from the cold. It’s been hurting each time I text, but I’ll struggle through and head up the hill to hit some freshies this weekend. Keep me in your thoughts.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
The tip of my finger has a small crack in it from the cold. It’s been hurting each time I text, but I’ll struggle through and head up the hill to hit some freshies this weekend. Keep me in your thoughts.

Dude. Wow, I am so sorry. :roflmao:

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
well, I guess I jinxed myself. Those bruised ribs are a bit more than that. I'm down for at least another week. Will assess and borrow @Bruuuce 's flak jacket :)

Edit, saw my PT today who works on my hip weekly, he doesn't think they are broken but a few are out of place. He reset one (made cool thunk noise and feeling) and worked on getting space between a couple others. Otherwise, the main impact spot is bruised so it shouldn't be too long to get back on the snow.
So glad it wasn't more serious. Have had displaced ribs. They hurt! Also, FYI and IME, once displaced they go out easily. Mine do it in my sleep sometimes!

Reactions: Ron

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
well, I guess I jinxed myself. Those bruised ribs are a bit more than that. I'm down for at least another week. Will assess and borrow @Bruuuce 's flak jacket :)

Edit, saw my PT today who works on my hip weekly, he doesn't think they are broken but a few are out of place. He reset one (made cool thunk noise and feeling) and worked on getting space between a couple others. Otherwise, the main impact spot is bruised so it shouldn't be too long to get back on the snow.

:eek::nono::hug:

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier

Take my advice and don't rush back. That's called do as I say not as I do advice. That said, the flak jacket is ready and waiting. Doesn't help with poling though. That will still hurt like a b**ch.

Last edited:
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Ray wants me off skis until at least mid-week. I will give you a call later to get your take. He works on me again Monday. Yeah, polling really hurt. I still can't imagine what you went through with 7 BROKEN ribs.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Dayum, The Boat sounds like a dangerous place. Better not go there. :cool: :D

yep, when you are skiing a foot of blower on top of a prior 8" on top of a prior foot, my ski's didnt ride up big-ass powder bumps... At least I know I am driving the tips down:thumb: Gotta hate all that powder.

Ironically, the same thing happened to another friend of mine the week before

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
scratched the car with my skis when a boarder knocked them over, and it wasn't even the dented side.

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
yep, when you are skiing a foot of blower on top of a prior 8" on top of a prior foot, my ski's didnt ride up big-ass powder bumps... At least I know I am driving the tips down:thumb: Gotta hate all that powder.

Ironically, the same thing happened to another friend of mine the week before

You could always just ski blue groomers the res of the year...:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
....and we are about to get 3-6 with up tp 8" starting tomorrow, so right now I would take those cruisers :).

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Reaggravated an old right wrist sprain somehow skiing in Nagano for a couple of days; getting too damn old to be lugging gear around.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Ski meets chin, chin takes brunt.
IMG_20190503_131240627.jpg
IMG_20190503_134001007.jpg

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Nasty...

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January