• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2018/19 Bandages & Band-Aids thread

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
so I'm hoping this thread gets little traffic but let us know if you go down so we can commiserate with you by posting obnoxious pictures of us skiing blower.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Are you trying to tell us something?

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
nooo, I bruised a couple ribs when my skis dug into some powder bumps but that's not even a flesh-wound. :).

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
I did the obligatory thumb jam on my left hand when I went down in some early season crud. That will linger all damn season!

Reactions: Ron

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Partially torn MCL doing drills on a hill that barely qualifies as green. 3 weeks or so out.:doh:

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Bruised/strained my deltoid badly enough last weekend that I still can't lift my arm without pain. I seem to heal much slower these days than I used to...

By all means please post pics of blower pow @Ron...

Reactions: Ron

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well I feel better now; thanks!.

I brought home my brand new laser AXs last Thursday and tweaked my back putting them in the ski rack at home. Haven't been able to ski or walk very well since. But getting better.

@Andy Mink I partially tore acl and mcl a few years back. Stationary bike and straight leg lifts every single day brought me 100 percent back in a relatively short time. Good luck with yours.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Jerez, I'll tell you what: drop off your Stocklis at my house and I'll exercise them for you while you're out of commission.
:)

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Well I feel better now; thanks!.

I brought home my brand new laser AXs last Thursday and tweaked my back putting them in the ski rack at home. Haven't been able to ski or walk very well since. But getting better.

@Andy Mink I partially tore acl and mcl a few years back. Stationary bike and straight leg lifts every single day brought me 100 percent back in a relatively short time. Good luck with yours.

Just to rub it in....I've got 5 days on my new Laser AX in the last two weeks. What a fantastic ski! Heal up soon.

Jerez

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The rest of you fuggetaboutit! Besides they are 154s too short for you guys.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Partially torn MCL doing drills on a hill that barely qualifies as green. 3 weeks or so out.:doh:

damn Andy, sorry bro', but here's your picture....

fullsizeoutput_926.jpeg

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
well, I guess I jinxed myself. Those bruised ribs are a bit more than that. I'm down for at least another week. Will assess and borrow @Bruuuce 's flak jacket :)

Edit, saw my PT today who works on my hip weekly, he doesn't think they are broken but a few are out of place. He reset one (made cool thunk noise and feeling) and worked on getting space between a couple others. Otherwise, the main impact spot is bruised so it shouldn't be too long to get back on the snow.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online