• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Cage Match Comparison 2017 Nordica Enforcer 93 vs 2017 Nordica Enforcer 100

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We often get questions about comparing two models in the same collection that are still close in application.

CM Enforcer Vs. Enforcer.png

When Nordica hinted to us 18 months ago that it was going to reintroduce the Enforcer name, we were nervously excited but frankly didn't know what to expect. The old Enforcer was a surprisingly compliant ski that Nordica actually tried to discontinue when it introduced the New York, New York of skis, the Hell and Back Hell and Back. Was it so nice you had to say it twice? Not really, because even though it used the Enforcer mold, it was just not the Enforcer that skiers were loyal to, thus they gravitated back to the old metal Enforcer. It created much confusion, and finally the Enforcer and subsequently the H&B H&B were both discontinued and replaced by the NRGy100. But people still yearned for an Enforcer.

The Enforcer 100 didn’t just enter the market quietly, it was catapulted onto the slopes thanks to a great viral marketing campaign with the black Prototype. Nordica used the proven Hammerhead tip and tail design from the Patron/Helldorado/Unleashed Hell/La Nina, lowered the tail rise about 50% to create a longer wheelbase, stiffened the flex a bit for firmer conditions, and -- voilà -- created one of the reference skis in the 98-100mm class.

The designers at Nordica aren’t dummies; they know when they have a design that works. They went back to the well last spring, created the 93mm Enforcer, and started more buzz with another Proto project. Success again; I guess lightning can strike twice at Nordica. Deciding between these two skis comes down to a few things: how big are you? how is your quiver set up? do you ski mostly in the East or the West?
  • Why choose the Enforcer 100? The 100 could easily be the wider option in a Western-biased two-ski quiver.
  • Why choose the Enforcer 93? The 93 could be middle of a three-ski quiver or the wide ski in an Eastern two-ski quiver.
  • Other skis in the class: Blizzard Bonafide, Nordica NRGy100, Armada Invictus 99Ti, Kästle FX 95, Dynastar Cham 97, DPS Cassiar F95.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
As a long time Nordica fan, currently without a single model in my "main" quiver, I need to ski these this winter.

I would say the 100 is the ski most people wish could be a great OSQ, and the 93 actually would be that ski.

More powder!

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
I loved the 93 proto. It's a legitimate western OSQ for the conditions that people actually ski. In a good winter I would gravitate towards the 100, but on an average season 93 is all you need, especially if you also have a wider 110+ waist 5-point ski.

Last edited:

greg robin

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi! First post. Great forum. I'm excited about the Enforcers and leaning towards the 100 because I have a pair of volkl rec racetiger SL skis for icy days so going to snag a 2nd pair to complete the quiver. Ski mainly park city and little cottonwoods when i can ditch the kids. I'm about 5'10 185 lb expert ( but getting old age 41) skier maybe 40 days a year. My last wider skis were the Volkl mantras 177. Any advice on length? I do prefer a quicker ski for comfort trees/chutes but hearing these feel short with the rocker. Thoughts? Ideas? Much appreciated!!

doc

Out on the slopes
Skier
41 is not old.; neither is 62. I ski the Enforcer in 177 and feel like its the perfect length for me (5'11", 150 lbs, 62 yo).

greg robin

Skier
HI- Thanks for the feedback ! sorry I'm not old but my back is! Wondering about getting 177 and just slight aft binding setting as 185 cm lots more surface area etc...

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Anyone know the best place to demo both of those skis in Colorado (i70 area)? Would love to try them this season.

Wannabeskibum

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi! First post. Great forum. I'm excited about the Enforcers and leaning towards the 100 because I have a pair of volkl rec racetiger SL skis for icy days so going to snag a 2nd pair to complete the quiver. Ski mainly park city and little cottonwoods when i can ditch the kids. I'm about 5'10 185 lb expert ( but getting old age 41) skier maybe 40 days a year. My last wider skis were the Volkl mantras 177. Any advice on length? I do prefer a quicker ski for comfort trees/chutes but hearing these feel short with the rocker. Thoughts? Ideas? Much appreciated!!

With the early rise on the new Enforcer, I would go longer than the 177. I demoed the 177 last year and compared it to my 169 OLD Enforcer w/minimal early rise. The "wheelbase" is virtually identical between the two. The 177 for me skied like the 169 "OLD" Enforcers and I am 5'7" 150 lbs (61 years old) level 9. If you skied "old" mantras in a 177 you will want longer than a 177 in the new Enforcer. I also skied old Mantra - but in a shorter length similar to the old Enforcer.

Bottom line - with the early rise in today's skis - you will want to ski them longer than what you are accustomed to if you are coming off a ski without early rise

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Agree with Wannabe.
I demo'd the Enforcer 100 in 177 and felt it was too short -- 187cm/75kg (semi-advanced, 6'2" 165lbs for you heathens) -- skied the 93 at 185 and loved it.

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I didn't really like the 93. Skied the 100/185 last night and my view point changed. Surprised how easy it skied edge to edge and didn't have the front end chatter like the 93s did.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
not sure how the 93 you had got tip chatter...

I have owned 2 pairs so far and neither of them have ever done that.

Mike C

Skier
I have owned the 93 for a few years. Beat it up pretty good in Jackson Hole last year. I loved that ski from the first time i skied it. Found a pair of 100’s 185 with a. Griffin binding new for $500 so I jumped on it. Skied them last spring and immediately wished I took the 93’s they also had. The 100 didn’t feel nearly as nimble or playful as my old 93s.
I’m hoping I will like the 100’s more when I take them out this year.

Think SNOW!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
I have owned the 93 for a few years. Beat it up pretty good in Jackson Hole last year. I loved that ski from the first time i skied it. Found a pair of 100’s 185 with a. Griffin binding new for $500 so I jumped on it. Skied them last spring and immediately wished I took the 93’s they also had. The 100 didn’t feel nearly as nimble or playful as my old 93s.
I’m hoping I will like the 100’s more when I take them out this year.

Think SNOW!

Both great skis but your comment on the 100 being less playful makes me wonder about that’s ski’s tune. The Enforcers are notorious for being edge high and an edge high ski would feel less playful and slower edge to edge.

If both skis are properly tuned, the Enforcer 93 should be slightly quicker edge to edge but with it’s stiffer tail, it’s not as playful or forgiving as the 100 is.

I’d check base flatness and edge angles on the new 100 skis to see if anything is off. My 93s were quite edge high and my 104 free felt WAY quicker edge to edge so I knew something was up. Base grind and reset edges and they are great. Had to do the same with the 104 Free skis too but they weren’t quite as bad from the factory.

Sponsor

Staff online