• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 2017 Moment Deathwish 190cm + Marker Baron 13 EPF Touring Binding

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Yes, I am selling my 2017 Moment Deathwish 190cm + Marker Baron 13 EPF Touring (Large Frame size) Binding w/ 110mm brakes.

I got the skis new at Powder7 on Oct 2016 and they are the 2017 model. At first I had Marker Griffon bindings mounted and then got the Baron bindings last season to have some touring capability.

The reason I am selling is that I want to get wider powder specific boards and my wife told me repeatedly that I can only have 3 pairs of skis. So these have to go. I dont want to sell them, they are really nice skis and I will probably get another pair of Moments in the future.

The Deathwish are 112mm wide and are identical to the current model. They are a superb all mountain soft snow ski that have bite on firm snow. Its a unique design that is very versatile (reason I got them). The bindings are like new pretty much and the skis have some scratches here and there from bumping into each other but the bases are very clean. No deep scratches and only light grinded them once. I mostly used them in powder (see action shots below)

Price, make resonable offers. I prefer to sell local, in Colorado. I am willing to sell separate, the bindings and skis but much prefer them as a package. They are mounted for 316mm boot BSL.

_5D41074.JPG _5D41075.JPG _5D41076.JPG _5D41077.JPG _5D41078.JPG skinupabay.JPG GPExportPhoto-2.JPG

Reactions: Ron

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Such a fun pair of skis. Don't be scared off by the 190 length, these are very accessible.

Minor correction: Deathwish this year ('18-'19) got a slight tweak to the flex. The 190 got stiffened up a couple of notches. Whether that is good or bad depends on the rider. Personally this earlier flex pattern is basically my sweet spot. Very easy to work at low speeds, and stable up to everything short of mach snell. If you've ever read a review on a deathwish that was positive, it is the old flex pattern. Verdict isn't in on the new one.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
This is a really interesting ski. I loved the way @jmeb skied it last season in the trees up here. For trees, I want shorter but otherwise, this length would be ideal for most skiers.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Wider than 112?:eek:

Sure -- why not.

I will say, the Deathwish makes some design compromises to make it better on hardpack than other 112 skis. While it has ample tip and tail rocker like you'd expect in a soft snow ski, the comparatively minimal tip and tail taper means it lacks some of the surfier feel you get on something like the Bibby in truly soft snow.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
This is a really interesting ski. I loved the way @jmeb skied it last season in the trees up here. For trees, I want shorter but otherwise, this length would be ideal for most skiers.

Snow like that will make any ski look that.

But the Deathwish is still a really good ski. There is a reason a bought a backup pair.

TS
Ken_R

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Wider than 112?:eek:

Yeah! :huh::D:D:D

Since I have other skis now (88mm and 102mm wide), I just want a pair just for powder, dont care about hard snow performance. At first when I got the Moments those were my only skis. They are a great OSQ / travel ski for here out west. I really did not mind having it as my only ski. It is that versatile.

The length did not bother me at all, it was long when it needed to be and short when I wanted it to be. The mount point is pretty forward (although still behind center) and its flat underfoot so that helps to pivot it in tighter trees. My 184cm Heads feel longer. I would say these are perfect for someone 170 lbs or heavier. The skis are not that heavy so that helps in the handling no doubt.

Here are the skis in action 2 seasons ago.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Snow like that will make any ski look that.

But the Deathwish is still a really good ski. There is a reason a bought a backup pair.

You are a humble dude... @jmeb rips!

I really like the flex of that ski. I was watching the way it reacted especially in the soft bumps. totally true about how it handles "firmer" snow. (think not powder but broken and skied)

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
anyone have an actual pull on these?

Actual Tip-to-Tail Length (Straight Tape Pull): 188.27cm

Per Blister. (older year, but the shape and camber haven't changed so length should be the same.)

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah! :huh::D:D:D

Since I have other skis now (88mm and 102mm wide), I just want a pair just for powder, dont care about hard snow performance. At first when I got the Moments those were my only skis. They are a great OSQ / travel ski for here out west. I really did not mind having it as my only ski. It is that versatile.

The length did not bother me at all, it was long when it needed to be and short when I wanted it to be. The mount point is pretty forward (although still behind center) and its flat underfoot so that helps to pivot it in tighter trees. My 184cm Heads feel longer. I would say these are perfect for someone 170 lbs or heavier. The skis are not that heavy so that helps in the handling no doubt.

Here are the skis in action 2 seasons ago.

To each their own but your perception of a daily driver and mine are miles apart. My daily driver is going down from 95 to 77 this year and I'm adding a 105. I might get on a pair of 112 skis 2-4 times per season. I"ll probably get on those 105's, 10-20 times this year but only because they are new not because we have days where that width would be helpful. The 105s are mostly for backcountry and resort powder days. I realize there are lots of skiers skiing superwide boards every day but I'm going the opposite direction.

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ken_R

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
To each their own but your perception of a daily driver and mine are miles apart. My daily driver is going down from 95 to 77 this year and I'm adding a 105. I might get on a pair of 112 skis 2-4 times per season. I"ll probably get on those 105's, 10-20 times this year but only because they are new not because we have days where that width would be helpful. The 105s are mostly for backcountry and resort powder days. I realize there are lots of skiers skiing superwide boards every day but I'm going the opposite direction.

I got my Monster 88's to deal with last season's has not snowed in days / weeks days and they were awesome. There were too many of those days though! Today I used my 122mm's and had a blast on 2 soft bumped up groomers. I just wanted to get the skis on snow to get a feel and had the Monsters in the car to swap but didnt. The Noctas were just so much fun. I am going to be on them if there is any decent amount of new snow. 3-4" or more. I dont wait for that epic day to break them out. I mean the Deathwish is a more versatile ski and probably almost as good in deep powder but the difference in the design is noticeable. I did loose some hard snow grip but gained playfulness and some float. Again, I wish I could have more skis! :D

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
Daily driver - Laser AX
Rarely used - MX83 (make me an offer and they can be yours)
4-8ish day - fx95hp
6+day or backcountry day - Citadel or bmx105

TS
Ken_R

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Listed locally but still available

TS
Ken_R

Ken_R

Living the Dream