• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Yeah - I came across a web pic of the 2017 NRGy's new graphics after I posted this. However, I still think I'd prefer the 90 vs. the 85 only because I rarely ski hardpack conditions ("why bother?" is my belief and if I do need to on a rare occasion I just deal with it). I prefer buy "frontside" ski to have better pow/crud-ability vs. ultimate edge grip...and the Bushwacker is plenty grippy and fast edge-to-edge but not quite "surfy" enough for me in fresh snow. The 90 seemed to fit that bill when I demo'd it, but who knows:huh:
The 85 is hardly a "frontside ski" even though it is a couple of mm narrower. I just think it would be a better complement to your NRGy100.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
The 85 is hardly a "frontside ski" even though it is a couple of mm narrower. I just think it would be a better complement to your NRGy100.

I also get confused by assuming that a ski of a certain width = it has certain design characteristics because there is such a wide range of designs out there it is mind boggling. Specially in that 80-100mm range. Some skis in that range combine a off-piste style tip with an on-piste oriented tail, others are basically groomer only skis, some are fun and feel light others are just planky and do not like to turn. It's crazy.

Thankfully you and others ,that test and review skis, make some sense out of it all!

Sponsor

Staff online