• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Well, my daughter and I arrived at Mount Snow around 9:40, and after inching through a variety of parking lots with people waiving us on to the next lot, we finally arrived back where our parking lot tour started (25 minutes later) without having passed an available spot. Quite discouraging, especially with non-refundable (though admittedly heavily discounted) tickets. I’ve been at Mount Snow when lift lines are frustratingly long, but even on those days parking was easy to come by. We decided to cut our losses and drive to Stratton. Snow there was awesome—best I’ve experienced in New England—and there were no lines! Even with the late start, we got about 15 runs in, mostly on blacks and blues. Not bad, especially when skiing with a first grader. She took her time at lunch, but was all business on the trails! Thanks for the advice on this forum yesterday.

Wow - impassive! Hood for you.

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
we Just booked a last minute trip to Ski at plattekill this Sunday... First time! @SKI-3PO will you still be up there on sun? I’ll look for you!
Yes, I’ll be there...looking forward to it.

hespeler

Putting on skis
Skier

Sorry was skiing solo and was just up for the day. My wife usually takes care of the pictures.

Snow was still plenty soft. Few bottomless turns here and there. Huge powder bumps all over the place. Trees are in phenomenal shape.

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
This is like some kind of new skier pig Latin. Or do I mean pug Latin? In any quesadilla, hope it doesn't Rainier any time soon.

LOL!
I ws typng with my mytns on whyl scning on a moguly trail.

frontfive

Ski Adventure 19/20
Contributor
Still plenty of untouched pow at Cannon, thigh high stashes off north slope of Mittersill- so high that my MX74s couldnt take me through unbroken snow & I hiked back to the lift. Groomers were outstanding! Hmmm this could be great rational for starting a quiver....

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
If @KevinF is not at the gathering next weekend go looking for him along the Bruce trail.

(Charlie Lord cutting the Bruce trail in 1933).
F37D7C62-F7BE-4317-B7D1-B8848123105F.jpeg

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Great picture @LKLA , where did you find that one?

Stowe report for March 17th. Started out with a velvet soft groomer and then stuck mainly to bump runs the rest of the day. Bumps on the Front Four are getting rather large. Took Mrs. LKLA down Bruce trail for lunch at the Matterhorn... let's just say the height of the snow pack requires ducking in a lot of places. Heard a lot of branches pinging off my helmet. I had forgotten today is St. Patty's Day and the "the" local bar might be kind of busy on St. Patty's Day, but we were able to have lunch without much hassle. Parking lot was filling up though.

Took the bus back and did a few more runs off the quad.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Just noticed that @LKLA 's Charlie Lord picture shows Charlie wearing a tie... to cut down a tree. Times have changed a bit in the last 80-some years.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Just noticed that @LKLA 's Charlie Lord picture shows Charlie wearing a tie... to cut down a tree. Times have changed a bit in the last 80-some years.

I noticed that too, love it. I have heard that in the days of Sepp Ruschp instructors had to wear a tie when teaching too.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Killington was awesome today. I didn’t get out on the hill until about 10:30 after the fitting of my new boots at Northern Ski Works and picking up my Spring pass. My plan of “taking it easy” when out the window half way through my first run when I spotted irresistible soft bumps. I only skied about 4 hours but I did a few laps on the canyon quad(with little to no line), and hit a bunch of my other favorites. I avoided superstar because there’s no reason to suffer the snow guns when everything else is so good. I meant to take some pics but this was my first day of skiing this season so taking pics took a backseat to “ shredding the gnar” . I will try to post some pics through the course of the day tomorrow.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
we Just booked a last minute trip to Ski at plattekill this Sunday... First time! @SKI-3PO will you still be up there on sun? I’ll look for you!
Ski3PO and I had a blast there today. That is probably the most snowpack I have seen in NY state. Plenty of snow in the woods and still soft stuff to be found.

Edit to retract this statement as fake news :) "That is probably the most snowpack I have seen in NY state." but best coverage I have seen in my visits there.

Last edited:

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Bromley was fun, fun, fun, fun today. Packed powder everywhere. Went down a couple new trails Yodler and Route 100. Didn't work on this fine day so got to ski all day. I'm loving my Nordica Santa Anas, they are just a blast. Weather was decent, mostly sunny with around 20 degrees. Was a bit windy but hey it's Bromley

Sponsor

Staff online