• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

AJP

Booting up
Skier
The weekend looks good , sadly the overall pattern for the next two weeks looks like a big trough in the northwest with La nina peaking and a large ridge in the Northeast. Hopefully too much liquid doesnt come as the snowpack in Northern new england is holding up pretty well. Fingers crossed!

DonC

Squeezing into my stabilyx tights
Skier
Sticking with our plans to head up to sugarbush Mon-Wed. Anyone know which shop in warren does a good mount and can usually have things done by noon if you bring it in the morning?

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Heading to Benny Wax's shop in Stowe tomorrow with my daughter - she needs an adjustment in her new boots. Not sure if we will have time to ski...

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier
Heading to Benny Wax's shop in Stowe tomorrow with my daughter - she needs an adjustment in her new boots. Not sure if we will have time to ski...

Benny Wax and Jamie Bisbee did an amazing job with both my wife and son's boots. Worth not skiing to work with these guys.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Benny Wax and Jamie Bisbee did an amazing job with both my wife and son's boots. Worth not skiing to work with these guys.
For sure. We did a day trip a couple of months ago for the initial fitting. She loves the boots, but after skiing a couple of runs, her foot gets numb. Not cold, but numb. She is a little discouraged but this is her first pair of real precision fit boots, and she has never had the joyful experience of going back to the fitter for multiple adjustments... I wish that there was a 1-2 run ticket we could buy, so we could just test the boots out. Heck, I would even go out with my bum back and knee.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
For sure. We did a day trip a couple of months ago for the initial fitting. She loves the boots, but after skiing a couple of runs, her foot gets numb. Not cold, but numb. She is a little discouraged but this is her first pair of real precision fit boots, and she has never had the joyful experience of going back to the fitter for multiple adjustments... I wish that there was a 1-2 run ticket we could buy, so we could just test the boots out. Heck, I would even go out with my bum back and knee.

Pretty sure you can buy one ride on the gondola still. It ain't cheap though.

bbinder

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Pretty sure you can buy one ride on the gondola still. It ain't cheap though.
On the website I see a $28 dollar for a ride up the gondola, but it’s says for non skiers only. Do they enforce this?

LKLA

Out on the slopes
Skier

My wife had the exact same thing happening to her here and there in one boot and they figured out it was due to too much pressure on her big toe.They took care of it and its been smooth sailing since.

It will likely be busy on a weekend in the middle of the season but you likely have an appointment (i hope). So, if you get in there before Noon you should be able to make it to the mountain a couple of hours before closing. Not sure what their half day pricing is (if they even have it - we have Epic passes).

Tominator

Totally in the present
Skier
Loon was pretty good today.
Cloudy, but mid-twenties and no wind.
More crowded than expected and a bit icy in spots.
Snow didn't seem very deep, but good coverage - didn't hit dirt or a rock all day.
Found the better snow on the sides of the trails as usual.
Certainly worth the trip!

TS
Read Blinn

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Lovely evening at Crotched (ski club). Upper 20s. Although remainders of last Friday's incident were evident, they were decently covered, thanks to three or four inches of substantive natural. The "easiest route from the summit" was frosted glass by 8 pm, of course, but steeper runs retained snow (other than Pluto's Plunge, the mountain's steepest, which, I'm told, was "all ice"),

Freezing rain & rain Tuesday doesn't look pleasant, though, does it?

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Stowe report for January 20th. Based on the amount of traffic going up Friday night, I was pretty sure it was going to be stupid busy..

So I got an early start (7:30!). Wind at the top was keeping the quad running slow which backed it up pretty quick. I took a couple laps off the quad, a couple off the gondola and then a few off the old creaky double (even that had a line which almost never happens).

Snow was pretty good though actually (still no bump runs though), and it was nice to have pleasant temps for a change.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Snow was pretty good though actually (still no bump runs though), and it was nice to have pleasant temps for a change.

You did better than many here. Reading between the lines, it looks like the Loaf and the River were basically on wind hold all day. All too common, especially at Sugarloaf. Glad I opted for Nordic.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
to make matter worse Kevin they groomed Gulch,......

BTW Le Massif on tuesday is going to be epic. a foot and half of new monday into tuesday.