• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Okay, one more. Dolphin turns in the wild. This ain't no drill. My friend, Marc.

20180422_130532_026_01-01.jpeg

James

Out There
Instructor
From the top of Killington at the Peak restaurant.
You can see six ski mountains. Though Bromley is just a tiny sliver of a tree clearing. Stratton, Mt Snow, Magic, Okemo (Jackson Gore), Ascutney (defunct), Mt Sunapee.
IMG_5087.JPG
IMG_5088.JPG
Skied from noon till close with @mdf . Took a few runs with @Phelmut on the Superstar lift. Amazingly, not everything even in late afternoon was wet spring snow. Then late it gets early again, being firm in spots.

Attachments

• IMG_5094.JPG
    IMG_5094.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 3

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Made some pretty awesome turns at the River this weekend. The open trails of the mountain got pretty crowded, so we opted to hike out to Aurora via North Peak. The corn was ready for harvesting, and the blank canvas we had to work became the most beautiful masterpiece.

Finished masterpiece not shown in the photos because I was enjoying the painting way too much to take a photo.

A1EB5472-E241-4A82-A05C-3FF03F5602C9.jpeg BEBB9653-F9C3-4979-8A80-AE9A03B32D47.jpeg
447C72C7-2AF5-469D-A050-348024EDB81A.jpeg
793A85E5-5EB0-48C3-8AC8-436035D50B86.jpeg CD479F72-EE9F-498C-A27B-6AD0D27A4542.jpeg 1E53A039-2A68-4F79-B77F-7AEC29F7CF04.jpeg

ScottB

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I skied at Sunday River on Sunday. Day trip from Gloucester with a friend and his son. Met another friend there. I have to say it was a perfect day. Not a cloud in the sky, hit 50 deg or so, and there were virtually no bare spots. Incredibly good coverage on the 2-3 peaks they had open. The corn was almost perfect on every slope, it was just cool enough (40's) most of the morning that everything softened but didn't get real slushy even at Barker. Lots of piles of sugar on most slopes and by late morning all bumps were nice and soft. No lift lines even though they were only running the Barker Quad and White Heat quad. White heat was in fantastic shape. Even the glades off White Heat were skiable. They were getting a bit thin, but I made a run down them just for fun. Skied lots of bumps, groomers, and glades. One of the best end of season days for me in a long time.

I was having such a good time skiing I didn't take any pic's, but the first shot by Elemmac pretty much applies to all the trails.

They are open next weekend, supposedly, and I think there will still be good skiing.

If I had AT gear, I would have done what Elemmac did. From what you could see, most of the closed peaks had great coverage and they were shut down for revenue reassons and lack of skiers, not snow. On Sunday I didn't think the slopes were crowded, but they weren't empty either. The parking lot on Barker was full. They had an event on Saturday and I heard the place was pretty full that day.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Killington was outstanding this past weekend, finally a spring skiing weekend. We stayed over off of the Snowdon triple area and then took gondola up and played off northridge triple for sunday. It was sooo much fun. Spring bumps were amazing. Guess I'm getting more comfortable in these fabulous spring conditions because I didn't want to stop and no longer care if they groom the run. I"m happy to start out the day with bumps. Gorgeous sunshine all weekend and I actually have some color on my face :) Plus we got to ski with @mdf saturday and @newboots sunday. I didn't want the weekend to end.

I'm ready for this coming weekend where I'll wear my black spring pants and hawaiin shirt.

If it weren't for the season ending sorta soon I'd be singing the song it's the most wonderful time... of the year...... I love spring skiing and this past weekend was a picture perfect one. Ready for more..............

Last edited:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
@mdf @James @surfsnowgirl @newboots @Phelmut...Any of you guys going to be back at Killington this Saturday? I'm tempted to male that 3:30am bus trip from Brooklyn, you make it sounds so good...I also need 3 more ski days to make my season goal.

k

Sorry, but no. I'm going out to A-Basin the week after, so I need the weekend for other stuff.

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Oh, @Pumba - I would love to meet you! But we don't usually ski on Saturdays (crowds and mayhem). Last week was a family arrangement. I will check out our plans, though, and get back to you.

Bogatyr

Chasing the snow
Skier
Jay went from winter to summer in just 2 days. It was snowing with colder temps only 2 days ago and this is from today - hot bluebird day with big soft , bumps ,corn groomers and melting sticky places in the lower mountain.With everything big already closed north of the border I'm glad Jay will keep at least the Stateside open daily until May 1st and after that probably some more weekends.There is still tons of snow there.Attention - you better be in good shape to ski this snow especially in the afternoon. Some magic wax and some rockered fatties can also help.
image3(4).JPG image3(3).JPG image1(2).JPG image1(4).JPG image1(1).JPG image6.JPG image3(2).JPG image2(2).JPG

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@mdf @James @surfsnowgirl @newboots @Phelmut...Any of you guys going to be back at Killington this Saturday? I'm tempted to male that 3:30am bus trip from Brooklyn, you make it sounds so good...I also need 3 more ski days to make my season goal.

k
I will not be there this weekend, but hope to be up the following weekend if conditions look to be decent. I owe you a beer, so hopefully you can make it up then. Plus, I need someone to push me on the mountain:)

Surfsnowgirl, i was looking out for those orange pants to meet up, but never saw you. Plenty of people wearing that color, including myself.

Lauren

AKA elemmac
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
New York State Police are looking into a local man’s claims that he spent a cold, snowy night stuck on a chairlift at Gore Mountain Ski Center over the weekend after the lift shut down for the day while he was headed up the mountain.

The skier, whose name hasn’t been released, reported that he was on the North Quad chairlift late Saturday afternoon when it stopped as he headed up for one last run down. He was not found until the lift was restarted at 8 am Sunday, and he reported he was on the lift overnight as an inch or two of snow fell and temperatures dropped into the 20s.

He was unhurt and declined medical treatment. Gore Mountain staff contacted State Police though, and a trooper from the agency had interviewed the skier on two occasions this week.

Apparently, this wasn't all true...https://poststar.com/news/local/pol...cle_15aa8bd0-f9c8-5c42-8773-e268023192c8.html

Excerpt:
"He was unhurt and declined medical treatment. The fact that he was not hypothermic or exhibiting any signs of frostbite made ski center staff and police question his account. Gore employees called State Police that morning, and Hyde gave a sworn written statement.

State Police would not say Friday if they believe Hyde fabricated the report, and noted only that troopers and an investigator with the Bureau of Criminal Investigation were able to prove that at least part of what Hyde told the agency in a sworn statement was untrue."

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
Apparently, this wasn't all true...https://poststar.com/news/local/pol...cle_15aa8bd0-f9c8-5c42-8773-e268023192c8.html

Excerpt:
"He was unhurt and declined medical treatment. The fact that he was not hypothermic or exhibiting any signs of frostbite made ski center staff and police question his account. Gore employees called State Police that morning, and Hyde gave a sworn written statement.

State Police would not say Friday if they believe Hyde fabricated the report, and noted only that troopers and an investigator with the Bureau of Criminal Investigation were able to prove that at least part of what Hyde told the agency in a sworn statement was untrue."

Apparently he was a former employee.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I will not be there this weekend, but hope to be up the following weekend if conditions look to be decent. I owe you a beer, so hopefully you can make it up then. Plus, I need someone to push me on the mountain:)

Surfsnowgirl, i was looking out for those orange pants to meet up, but never saw you. Plenty of people wearing that color, including myself.

Yeah, sorry we missed each other/ I didn't realize how popular orange had become. There's this woman with the exact same pants as me too. We keep running into each other. If she sees me skiing down when she's on the chair heading up she'll shout down to me. She skied past me the other day and we chatted for a bit. As temps rise, my orange pants will go into hibernation until next winter. I'll be wearing my black wind pants which makes it even harder to find me :)

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
Oh, @Pumba - I would love to meet you! But we don't usually ski on Saturdays (crowds and mayhem). Last week was a family arrangement. I will check out our plans, though, and get back to you.

I'm sure we'll cross paths one of these days!
.....At the moment, it's not looking like I'll be up there this weekend. The 3:30am departure time and some other bad experiences I've had with this company are giving me pause....It was on one of these very Spring Killington bus trips that it took 24 hours to get there and back!!!

k

newboots

Learning to carve!
Skier
I'm sure we'll cross paths one of these days!
.....At the moment, it's not looking like I'll be up there this weekend. The 3:30am departure time and some other bad experiences I've had with this company are giving me pause....It was on one of these very Spring Killington bus trips that it took 24 hours to get there and back!!!
Oh no! The Killington trip from hell! I hope the skiing was good (if you can even remember, after that nightmare).

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Thinking about one....more...weekend at Killington. Especially since it looks like the weather will be nice and it'll be another spring weekend. It'll be down to the superstar quad but Bitterwsweet and Skylark (upper and lower) will still be open as well as superstar so it should be a lot of fun.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Heading up to Killington this weekend for another weekend of fun. Weather will be mostly sunny and high 50s saturday and low 60s sunday. I will probably have my black wind pants on and either my black shell or a hoody on and my Meier Wild Bill skis

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid