• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, we went from full on summer to full on not. AC on, and wild fires, to turning on the fire place and switch the summer quilt for the winter comforter.
This pleases me.
Here is a pic @Jasmine sent me from her office this morning. She works in South Reno, pic is Mt Rose Slide Side.
@Mendieta Here's your teaser.
FullSizeR.jpg

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Ironically, the NW web cam shows a few patches of snow that never melted, even with the brutally hot summer.
Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 8.01.36 AM.png

Brian Likes Pow

Out on the slopes
Skier
Lots of people took that scenic drive to see snow on 88 today. Talked to some bikers (motor) at the Inn yesterday that went down off the spur and ended up getting hauled out of there. Oops lol at least no one was hurt!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My family are safe. But Pray for my Renouns. They sit in the MB closet of my house. Fire less than half mile away last report . . .
I know you have more important things to attend to but keep us posted if you can. Good luck.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My family are safe. But Pray for my Renouns. They sit in the MB closet of my house. Fire less than half mile away last report . . .
Holy smokes, dude.
Glad you're safe!
Keep us posted. When all is fine later on, we'll hassle you for not saving your Renouns.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier
Well, over 1500 homes destroyed. Hotels. Restaurants. Kmart. Trader joes. The fire burned right up to the end of our street which they coated with fire retardant and water on the fire itself. In the whole NE of Santa Rosa there is a little island of 4 streets untouched. And one of them is ours.

Not out of the woods yet (literally) but as of 45 minutes ago, it is safe. We are staying away because this beast is burning at both ends in many, many locations around the city. Everything is in danger and the air is toxic. We have been in San Jose and Menlo Park today and it is smoky here.

Thanks for all of your thoughts. Crossing my fingers that we may be insanely lucky when this is all over and done.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, over 1500 homes destroyed. Hotels. Restaurants. Kmart. Trader joes. The fire burned right up to the end of our street which they coated with fire retardant and water on the fire itself. In the whole NE of Santa Rosa there is a little island of 4 streets untouched. And one of them is ours.

Not out of the woods yet (literally) but as of 45 minutes ago, it is safe. We are staying away because this beast is burning at both ends in many, many locations around the city. Everything is in danger and the air is toxic. We have been in San Jose and Menlo Park today and it is smoky here.

Thanks for all of your thoughts. Crossing my fingers that we may be insanely lucky when this is all over and done.
We were just wondering how you were. Good news and our fingers are crossed for you and everyone that is in harms way.

Status
Not open for further replies.