• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Colorado 2017-18 T.I.T.S. (Tuesdays In The Snow)

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
How'd you do with the pow? Sourdough lift is a great area to try it out and do some learning.

I loved Tin Pants and Sourdough as well as Boomer.

I fell twice pretty early in the snow and then Betsy kinda gave me a few pointers and it was a lot better. I did not like it after it was all chopped up. And it got VERY chopped up today. I don’t want to disparage anyone, but those snowboarders really create a lot of piles. For me in the crud it was tough to maintain my weight forward.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not a fan of the thread acronym, so I've never posted. But today was EXCELLENT! Got 6" at Snowmass to start the day and then it snowed a couple more during the day to fill in and add. It appears the customers today didn't like to ski trees or wide open where visibility was flat. Started my last run at 3:45 and still had fresh shin-deep pow on the Big Burn.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Why is this labeled COLORADO? :huh:
Because the acronym came out of the Colorado Crew who started calling it Tuesdays in the Snow long before Pugski was a thought on anyone's mind.

TS
SkiNurse

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Will someone please inform the unenlightened what "directed" skiing is?:huh:

TS
SkiNurse

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Will someone please inform the unenlightened what "directed" skiing is?:huh:
Patrol will open an area or part of a run, for a limited time so idiots like us can help compress/consolidate the terrain before it is open to the general public. Usually a patroller will be standiing at the top and lecture skiers on the dangers of going into the area and let in groups at a time. There is usually another patroller or two at various points in the area to keep people from going into areas that they want to keep close.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Doesn't look flat to me ;)