• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2017-18 Goals

TS
Brian Finch

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Well I guess I reached the goals I set in here. But I'm not happy with the way the season turned out. From now on, a standing goal will be to ski safely and stay out of the orthopedic surgeon's office.

So worthy!!!

SpauldingSmails

Uh oh, somebody's wrong on the internet again!
Skier
Aside from learning goals, I wanted to try the Head 188 i.GS WC Rebels I bought when I started three years ago - but was incapable of skiing. I tried them at Brighton at night once while wearing rental boots and having skied maybe only a handful of times. They were hanging out doing nothing ever since, nothing other than causing my wife to ask why I bought them and don't use them. I figured it was time for a skill check after three seasons. I tuned them up and brought them to Deer Valley. These are now my favorite skis! I was afraid of them for three seasons and it turns out they are incredibly easy to handle. They are not demanding. Actually they are quite friendly if a ski can be called friendly. I used them on the NASTAR course, that was fun. I took them down the steeper slopes and didn't fall. Those pointy tails never hooked up. These skis are stable, hold their edge, and do long turns and short turns with equal ease. I tried them at Alta during a snow storm in flat light after that. Going fast over invisible terrain is not my level of comfort yet.

I don't know why, but my skis just keep getting longer and heavier. I love big skis! Maybe in 18/19 I'll try something different and go down to slalom skis...

Sponsor

Staff online