• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2017-18 Goals

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Start a new ski club, focussing on enthusiastic recreational skiers ... in The Netherlands

Do you know Dirk Suchy? He is more or less in your neighborhood. I met him on Epicski and had a great time skiing with him and his friends several years ago. (For some reason the "@" mechanism doesn't find him, here's his profile
https://forum.pugski.com/members/dirk-suchy.275/ Looks like he joined but never posted anything here. )

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
:thumb: Have a great time, no matter where I am or what I'm riding.
:thumb: Enjoy our two timeshare weeks in PC again.
:thumb: Maybe ski with my main man at DV. (Hopefully)
:thumb: Visit friends.
:thumb: Make new friends.
:thumb: Find a good new beer.
:beercheer:

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Get back up to speed quickly when I start skiing again.
But avoid being an idiot about it.
Ski with old friends at the Gathering.
Meet some new ski friends at the Gathering.
Make it to Mother's Day at ABasin.

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
Goal #1...get my knees into shape. In a posting in the Physical Fitness section I described my recent bone marrow stem cell injections. It is doing some good already, not good enough to ski on, and I know it is a multi-month process to regrow cartilage. Then I need to concentrate on leg muscle fitness.
Goals #2-10...Whistler, Mt. Hood, Whistler, Silver Star, Sun Peaks, Vail, Banff, Tahoe, Whistler.

"sitting back is the most dangerous thing to do since you can't control your skis and you are guaranteed to crash. I call that the fundamental paradox in skiing." Yep. Skier's Paradox. We have to be aggressive on the skis to have the control to ski as slowly as we want.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
1. Have fun
2. Get better at skiing powder
3. Get my oldest son, my daughter-in-law and granddaughter out skiing w us.
4. Ski Snowmass

nay

dirt heel pusher
Skier
To exceed my highest annual ski day total and to have more sex days than ski days.

There are a lot of potential statistical relationships in this goal. As to whether they are inversely correlated or not is probably the question.

This would make a good sticky :golfclap: tracking thread.

fullStack

Getting on the lift
Skier
Not sure about that one.

Properly applied aggression, of course...

Last year one of my daughters was having an uncharacteristically tough time in some steepish bumps, so I told her to be more aggressive.

Next thing I know, she's in the middle of a turn, balances on her uphill ski and side-kicks the bump below her with her downhill ski. (hi-YAAA!). It did not end well.

I guess I'll add a new goal for this year, "be more clear with my instructions".

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
Every year, I want to ski with my family more and stay healthy.

Beyond that, this year I really want to focus on my ungroomed/offpiste skiing more. Last year I started doing quite a bit of bumps and more adventurous terrain. I'd like to become more comfortable and elegant on more difficult terrain - and pick up my speed a little bit in the bumps.

Three other goals that look within reach:

1) do a women's clinic to help get my courage up on more difficult terrain, and
2) do a romantic ski getaway with my honey (probably Revy), and
3) do a faraway ski trip (it's looking like it's going to be Mammoth for Diva West).

albertanskigirl

aka Sabrina
Skier
Albertanskigirl - you did the ladies clinic at WB last year didn't you? Not sure if it's the same sponsor this year...Roxy, arcyterx. whatever...

I did not do the ladies clinic at WB last year - I was just was visiting Whistler for 3 days, and did 1 day of lessons with a friend's daughter who is an instructor at WB.

The two I'm considering this year is the Rippin Chix at Whitewater in Nelson, or I'm also considering the 6 week ladies program at Lake Louise - the price is really great ($240 for 6 weeks), and it doesn't require travel :)

PTskier

Been goin' downhill for years....
Pass Pulled
Not sure about that one.

The skier must not ski defensively. They must aggressively engage the ski into the snow. Get their weight correctly centered, get everything working as they were taught, regardless of the slope of the hill or the hardness of the snow. Then, only then, can they have the control to go slowly. It takes real gumption to get out over their skis when they're looking over the edge of our flat earth, but that's exactly what they gott'a do. We can nit pick the word aggression, but some idea of the courage, the inner strength needed has to be conveyed.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I plan to do a 2 hour private as soon as I can, likely November. I'd also like to take a group lesson each month so I can continue to get comfortable skiing with a group of people. I'd like to take a clinic but I'm finding a 2 day one at Okemo but it's not until March and I'd like one way sooner than that so that's still pending. Need to see what Killington offers when winter gets closer. The private/group lessons are more in my control because they are whenever I want them to be. Last season I started becoming comfortable in spring bumps and the occasional tree run so I'd like to work on that more. I also plan to work on skiing the fall line a bit more and shopping for less real estate in my turning.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
The skier must not ski defensively. They must aggressively engage the ski into the snow. Get their weight correctly centered, get everything working as they were taught, regardless of the slope of the hill or the hardness of the snow. Then, only then, can they have the control to go slowly. It takes real gumption to get out over their skis when they're looking over the edge of our flat earth, but that's exactly what they gott'a do. We can nit pick the word aggression, but some idea of the courage, the inner strength needed has to be conveyed.

Skiing in control slowly is a good thing.

I like to feel the peace within.
I find it much more productive than succumbing to the beast within.

dlague

Waitin' for Wintah
Skier
Get new gear (fatter skis) - in the the process right now. While I feel comfortable on most anything, a tune up clinic or lesson might be in order, While we had the Epic Local Pass last year, we skied Breck, Keystone, and A Basin most of the time with a trip to Beaver and Vail. We also skied three non-Vail resorts (Loveland, Eldora and Cooper). So this year we are interested in getting more Vail time and taking a trip to ski Park City, Tahoe or Whistler. Non-Vail resort targets, Crested Butte, Steamboat, Winter Park, Copper and Monarch. # of days - 50. Already know we will not be able to do it all, but we can dream!

Renewed - Epic Local Pass so Breck, Keystone, and A Basin with be our home bases. Got 4 Gem Cards which will give us 8 2 for 1 deals to Loveland primarily but it gives us the same for 8 other resorts like Monarch, Eldora, Sunlight, etc.

Carl Kuck

Ambassador of Stoke
Skier
:thumb: Ooh! Ooh! Almost forgot: run more NASTAR and get Team PugSki race points!!!

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
To compete in 4 alpine disciplines, ski somewhere I've never been, and do more hiking this year.