• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2017-18 Gear Teasers

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Actually, toned down doesn't surprise me at all. I've found myself tired of the bright colors as well and bought some charcoal grey pants this year partially because of that. If I found a midnight blue shell jacket that I liked I would be hard pressed to pass it up.
Toned down, I get, but I was particularly surprised at the turn to army green. We'll see how much more of it we see at the shop. Stay tuned.

Sierrajim

Ski Savant
Industry Insider
Toned down is not a bad move at all for K2. I have had a few male customers reject the current acid green without even putting it on.

Although.....not so sure about the "army green thing"

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Toned down, I get, but I was particularly surprised at the turn to army green. We'll see how much more of it we see at the shop. Stay tuned.

I guess with plum, it's not a bad combo.

But honestly I will never give two figs about the look of my boot, as long as it fits and performs well. It's mostly covered by my ski pant, and the rest should be covered with snow ;-)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
But honestly I will never give two figs about the look of my boot, as long as it fits and performs well. It's mostly covered by my ski pant, and the rest should be covered with snow ;-)
Thats because women are smarter then men..usually.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Thats because women are smarter then men..usually.

Once I saw a woman come in to the fitter's and pick a boot off the shelf purely on color. Her face just fell when the fitter told her definitively that this boot was not right for her, and if she insisted on buying the boot, they would not guarantee it.

So, yeah, *usually*.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I guess with plum, it's not a bad combo.

Exactly! My feet are color blind.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
like that Army green. I wont make a decision based on graphics or colors but the army green can go with almost any color. Its just a pretty neutral choice.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
You know what smells? My nose, my nose smells.

As my 6 y.o. asked," what smells between your ears?"
"Your nose?"
" No. Bad ideas".

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
like that Army green. I wont make a decision based on graphics or colors but the army green can go with almost any color. Its just a pretty neutral choice.
I was rocking an Olive jacket with pink zippers a few years ago (as was @SBrown ) I could wear just about any color with this jacket.
I think @D'Ann has it now.
1918601_10150161800025018_7529025_n.jpg

Reactions: Ron

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Another teaser for the ladies - The Tecnica Blizzard crew has been working on a Women 2 Women program to amp up the ladies ski gear, from boots to skis to (who knows whats in store). More on that soon. Here is a teaser that came out of it
View attachment 18725 View attachment 18726

This is what they can get out of that adjustment
image.jpeg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Why the last time?
I plan on getting on some Tuesday :popcorn:
I got on some Temptation 84s yesterday. Extremely fun groomer ski, mount point was really forward but it worked. I liked them a LOT but am not sure I'd like them as a true all-mountain ski. They were a damp ski (to me) without being heavy. If I only wanted them for groomers, I'd be very tempted to pick up a pair (ha, did you get that?!)
I guess I can justify a 3-ski quiver since I ski 80-100+ days per year, right?

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Imho, a
I got on some Temptation 84s yesterday. Extremely fun groomer ski, mount point was really forward but it worked. I liked them a LOT but am not sure I'd like them as a true all-mountain ski. They were a damp ski (to me) without being heavy. If I only wanted them for groomers, I'd be very tempted to pick up a pair (ha, did you get that?!)
I guess I can justify a 3-ski quiver since I ski 80-100+ days per year, right?

Imho, a very nice and under rated ski! 80-100 days and a three ski quiver? Sure! You need a touring set up as well! ogsmile

Last edited:

HeywoodFloyd

Booting up
Skier
Why the last time?
I plan on getting on some Tuesday :popcorn:

Haha I'm a Rossignol loyalist but I don't want to come off as if I'm compensated by them. If there is demand, I'll post more info but the catalog is really the best info for the 2017/18 season. There are other ski brands out there and I encourage experienced skiers to test as many different brands as possible because it promotes the sport of skiing altogether and drives innovation. Yes, I have tried many other skis but as it stands, I still stick with E88's, E100's, Sin 7's (now branded as Sky 7; totally underrated ski) and I'm looking forward to trying out the 17/18 Soul 7's which look amazing.

Sidenote: Mainly a East Coast skier...with many trips out west. I rent wider skis like Soul 7's/Super 7's when snow is deeper.

Sponsor

Staff online