• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2017-18 Gear Teasers

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
In the coming weeks before SIA, we will be seeing some of next years gear leaked and information coming out. Lets keep it here. While I don't have any pics to post....yet...I will start by teasing you with all new Brahmas and Bonafides coming from Blizzard. Sidecut will be dropping from just over 20M to the upper teens. Thats all I can say for now but expect more soon.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

mxpowder

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Specifically wondering if there are any planned changes for the Technica Mach 1 LV or the Atomic Hawx Ultra.... or any changes to low volume boots for that matter. Debating on pulling trigger on new lv boots this season vs next?

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Blizzard beta...

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Specifically wondering if there are any planned changes for the Technica Mach 1 LV or the Atomic Hawx Ultra.... or any changes to low volume boots for that matter. Debating on pulling trigger on new lv boots this season vs next?
Mach1 will have new colors, men's come back basically unchanged. With the Hawx Ultra being new, I doubt a change for this year.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
I dunno if they look better or not, but they do generate buzz and make people feel cool. That counts for something.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
In the coming weeks before SIA, we will be seeing some of next years gear leaked and information coming out. Lets keep it here. While I don't have any pics to post....yet...I will start by teasing you with all new Brahmas and Bonafides coming from Blizzard. Sidecut will be dropping from just over 20M to the upper teens. Thats all I can say for now but expect more soon.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Dropping the sidecut on Bonafides sounds like a strange move, the ski was already easy to turn and more sidecut would make it hookier of trail. Of course the truth is in the on-snow test.

StoicDude

Booting up
Skier
Elan has 3 prototype skis that they offered to the public for feedback. 90ish waist on one, one frontside and one GS. Not sure what the specs are on any of them, but My friend got 2, so I'll post pictures next week when I see him most likely.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Word from Head is that the Monsters went to finishing school. Again, more to come.

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Word from Head is that the Monsters went to finishing school. Again, more to come.

You mean new grinds? :) Seriously though, that sounds good. Also I guess there is a whole new free ski range, they got rid of that helicopter stuff, Collective, etc...

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You mean new grinds? :) Seriously though, that sounds good. Also I guess there is a whole new free ski range, they got rid of that helicopter stuff, Collective, etc...
Yeah..that too.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Elan will be changing their consumer race models (LSX, GSX), is the word here in Europe. Still Amphibio, though... Blizzard changes the allmountain line (Bonafide, Brahma, etc.), and Head will overhail its freeride line. Will probably test most of these from the end of March.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Just sayin'
:useless:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Tricia
    The Velvet Hammer
  • Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid