• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016 Skis That Will be Discontinued/Significantly Changed for 2017

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
You guys are like a bunch of kids a couple of days before Christmast wanting to know what their presents are. Yes, Kastle changed the MX's and yes they were truly one of the best skis of our generation and maybe of all time. Ever hear the term, "they fixed it until it broke?" Was the MX due for a change? Yes, it is probably the second oldest ski at the test, going on 10 years. So, yes it was time for a change. Now..the $100K question, is it better? Well, I would love to answer that but I have to get back to The Gathering and visit with people. Relax everyone, you won't be able to buy it till next season anyway.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I pretty much loathed all kastle and it was pretty much because the tip did not do any work for you.

Last edited:

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
Yep all Mx, Fx, and their twin tips.

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
the QST106?

is it really awesome, I heard its between the Qlab and Quest series in stiffness?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Tricia and I have 13 hours of shared driving time on the way home...we will be compiling a LOT of content on the way back to Tahoe from Aspen/Snowmass.

Deester333

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
The fire arrow 84 evo edt is gone and replaced with the GT series. I skied the new GT in the 84mm waist. It will appear to a broader audience. Its a tad softer, easier to get on the edge at lower speeds and funner in bumps. However it does not have the top end that the FA 84 does. The FA is way better at higher speeds and nasty hard pack - you just cant beat it.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid