• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 2016 Monster 83, 177, $150

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Reselling skis purchased a couple of months ago from @jmeb and still in storage with him. He has graciously agreed to send them on to a buyer if anyone is interested. Selling because I now have way too much overlap and won't be visiting U.S. this season.
Previously mounted once as per below; bindings went to another Pugski member. Asking $150. Following is the original For Sale post:

These things like to go and require a skilled pilot. So if you need a high-performing frontside-oriented ski these are it. Kill it on groomers with great edge hold, incredibly damp and stable through crud, and snappy through bumps. These things love speed. Perfect Western early season/low-tide ski, or East coast everyday ski. Many reviews on the board.
Skis:
- 2016 Head Monster 83
- 177cm
- 83mm waist
- 18m radius
- Condition: About 10 days of use. Light base scratches. Have never been ground or machine-tuned (only hand tuned.) A fresh grind would have them looking like new. First mount.

Binding:
- Head GTO15 (aka Head Mojo 15.) mounted on the line for a 315BSL

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Happy to handoff in the Front Range (come on T.I.T.S. people, this is perfect WROD slicer). They are currently slathered in storage wax wishing they were skiing.

Here are a few pics before they got unmounted and a couple of wax cycles. I haven't tuned the edges up as buyer may want specific tune. If you want me to prep clean up the edges (set to 2/1 I believe), happy to do so.

UAgYXsF.jpg

m4C2GRa.jpg

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Not just a WROD death ski. They are pretty decent in bumps and beat up afternoon piles too. I love mine.

Level 9 has those same bindings for $99 if someone wants to use the same holes.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Especially for the price. The Mojo series (aka the GTO) in 15 and 18 are often found for a steal. Full metal housings. Will outlast most of us.
Tyrolia's version of a Pivot 15 or Salomon Sth Steel. While it might not have the universal appeal but it does have a loyal following.

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Such a great thread!
@jmeb, thanks so much for putting up the pix :hail:

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I was hoping they were in Japan. My son is thinking about getting some skis over there. Shipping is a pain.

Any good recommendations for a Japanese ski. (Sorry for the thread drift.)

Eric

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Happy to help him find a good deal. Put him in touch.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
I was hoping they were in Japan. My son is thinking about getting some skis over there. Shipping is a pain.

Any good recommendations for a Japanese ski. (Sorry for the thread drift.)

Eric

Where is he?

( If you're looking for a domestically made Japanese ski, try Vectorglide or Ogasaka )

Back to the 83... for $150? Killer ski for anyone teaching or wanting a great rock ski at that price.

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
SOLD! Thanks all

Sponsor

Staff online