• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold ~2016 Kästle MX 83 with K12 bindings, 163 cm, lightly used

Pdub

best day ever
Skier
ASKING $350 including shipping

Honestly not sure if they are '15 or'16. I have skied on them about 6 days, in good snow, and they are in excellent condition. Top sheets, bases, edges all in great shape. They have 12 DIN track bindings that are easy to adjust to your boot size. Here's the long backstory:

I bought them on-line from a store in CT. Skied them once and they just seemed "off," figured they were not for me, and sold them on Epicski to @Tony S . He, being far more analytical, noticed that they were mis-mounted, i.e. the bindings were slightly asymmetric. I took them back and refunded him. After stalling a couple of years, I finally found a good ski tech in Vermont (John at First Trax) who had the proper jig and was willing to take them off and remount them properly. Problem solved.

I took them on a 4 day trip to Utah last December and had a blast. Mostly skied groomers and bumps @ DV but did get about 8 inches of pow one day at Alta. Did great in all these conditions, but they shine brightest at high speed on firmer snow, where they really do rip a variety of turn shapes at the highest level.

Here is an excerpt from Dawgcatching's 2017 MX 83 review on this website:

"The MX83: as noted previously, the MX83 is simply tough to beat as a frontside and do-everything machine. Balanced, poised on crappy snow, ridiculous lack of a top end, power of a race ski. The 173cm tested here lived up to its reputation. It was all of that and more. I was skiing really light snow, but it had bumped up in spots, and the MX83 simply flowed through the terrain. Tip was powerful yet malleable in bump troughs. Somehow, the groomers were a bit scratchy (probably all of those people pushing around 110s' on hardpack and scraping them clean); the MX83 feels like a race ski here. Load the tip, get pressure on that outside ski, let it build througout the apex, and let it release. It will send you into the Mesosphere if you so choose, or you can bleed power and allow it to slowly transition into the next turn. Blasting crud is a tale of 2 skis: wide open throttle and no speed limit, or dance in small turns. It really has no preconceived notion of what the turn should be: the MX83 allows me to choose the turn, choose the edge angle, choose the pressure. I feel totally in control; it's not the norm for most skis today. Many brands have a set “flex” and turn radius out of the box: the ski has a sweet spot where it is happy, and anything outside of that sweet spot can be a bit uncomfortable, aggressive, sketchy, or even dangerous. Jumping on the premium MX83 shows me the difference between a mass-market ski and what you get for 2x the price. Simply put, a ski that caters to your needs, doesn't waste your time, and has no agenda of it's own..."
(To be fair he slightly favored the newer MX 84 because they were easier going.)

So why am I selling? I just don't use them much. I've got Head Rallys for firm Eastern days and FX 94s for softer days. Too much hassle to lug extra skis around for that middle ground.

IMG-1552.jpg IMG-1553.jpg IMG-1554.jpg IMG-1555.jpg IMG-1556.jpg IMG-1557.jpg IMG-1558.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid