• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Sold 2016 Cannondale FSI Black Inc Large, Like new

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
2016 Cannondale FSI Black Inc 29"
REDUCED. $4,500.00.

FOR SALE: Please share this with anyone that may be interested. Its an incredible bike but I just don't use it.

2016 Cannondale FSI Black Inc Large frame. 19.1" - Ridden 15 miles
The ultimate 29" Hardtail Race bike! 21 pounds w/out pedals! MSRP is over $11,500. I only rode this about 15 miles.
Hi-Mod Carbon Frame
Enve Wheels
Enve Bar
Chris King Rear Hub
Di2 XTR Race 7 XTR Brakes
KS LEV dropper
Converted to 1x11 11-46 with Wolf Tooth 30t swappable front.
Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25's
I still have the Enve seat post and all XTR drive train components to convert back to a 2x11 if you wanted to.
links to product info:

https://www.cannondale.com/USA/bike/Productdetail?Id=e7908056-68bc-4cc5-a4cd-904f0bfe1c17

http://reviews.mtbr.com/first-look-cannondale-2015-f-si-29

Serious inquiries only

Last edited:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Wow, that's a gorgeous bike.

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
$5,850
Steamboat Springs, CO
FOR SALE: Please share this with anyone that may be interested. Its an incredible bike but I just don't use it.

Nice bike.
I had thought about posting my BMX.......Maybe another time

Haro2.JPG

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I'll give you $5500 if you can find the other fork leg.. :huh:

The crazy thing about the Lefty is that despite it having only 1 leg, it tends to be laterally stiffer than most comparable forks. It's a really rad piece of engineering.

The downside is dealing with hub compatibility.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
It's a fabulous bike. Too big and too rich for me..but a good deal for someone that it fits and is looking for a do-it-all bike.

Reactions: Ron

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hot ride

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
$5,850
Steamboat Springs, CO

2016 Cannondale FSI Black Inc Large frame- Ridden 15 miles
$5,850
Steamboat Springs, CO
The ultimate 29" Hardtail Race bike! 21 pounds w/out pedals! MSRP is over $11,500. I only rode this about 15 miles.
Hi-Mod Carbon Frame
Enve Wheels
Enve Bar
Chris King Rear Hub
XTR Race DI2
KS LEV dropper
Converted to 1x11 11-46 with Wolf Tooth 30t swappable front.
Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25's
I still have the Enve seat post and all XTR drive train components to convert back to a 2x11 if you wanted to.
links to product info:

https://www.cannondale.com/USA/bike/Productdetail?Id=e7908056-68bc-4cc5-a4cd-904f0bfe1c17

http://reviews.mtbr.com/first-look-cannondale-2015-f-si-29

Serious inquiries only

Wow. Why do you need a gravel bike when u have this? Stunning build.

TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Wow. Why do you need a gravel bike when u have this? Stunning build.

that was the original plan. I ride a lot of road as part of my gravel rides and I really like the riding position on a road bike, Otherwise, the Cannondale is fantastic and a really sweet mtn bike. My mistake, but I did get it on closeout from @dawgcatching

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
That is a sweet looking bike, but I'm pretty sure if I got a mountain bike I'd be in the hospital shortly thereafter. Not that I could afford this one:(

Edited to say if I wasn't in the hospital from a crash--I would be from my wife kicking my arse for spending that much on a bike.

Wendy

Resurrecting the Oxford comma
Admin
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Amazing bike. Great deal. I ride a carbon fiber Yeti with similar build that I use as a gravel/dirt road bike.

I like mine better than my road bike!

Reactions: Ron
TS
Ron

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Nearly memorial day bump. I would like this to go to a good new home

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
That is a sweet looking bike, but I'm pretty sure if I got a mountain bike I'd be in the hospital shortly thereafter. Not that I could afford this one:(

Edited to say if I wasn't in the hospital from a crash--I would be from my wife kicking my arse for spending that much on a bike.
Look at it this way, you wouldn't have to worry about ducking ropes.

Living Proof

We All Have The Truth
Skier
Time to update as I am the new owner, and, doing a lot of smiling with the BMC. The backstory is I've been riding a Trek 2.3 Al road bike for the past 6 years, this summer I've done some test rides on classic road road bikes with the thought of upgrading. Never found a ride that made me smile. I'd been lurking in this thread, thinking maybe this would be a better choice. So much thanks to all who considered this bike, and, decided not to. Sometimes, just sometimes, a no-brainer purchase comes along, this is one of those times.

The bike arrived on Tuesday, the packaging was excellent. I put 90% of it back together, a quick trip to my LBS to have rear derailleur and chain installed. Quite simply, and to borrow a term used by @Philpug when describing a great ski, the Gran Frodo is "refined" or better said "highly refined". The ride is plush, never ridden a bike anywhere near this comfortable. The Shimano Group of Dura Ace and Ultegra is superb, much easier to find the perfect gear. The tubeless tires at 28 front and 25 rear suck up the bumps at 80 psi. It fits very well as Ron and I are close in size, it has a little more aggressive riding position, I'll play around with some adjustments. I'm somewhat embarrassed in transferring my old seat and basic SPD road pedals and bottle holders, so upgrades are coming.

The Grand Frodo is getting a complete change of roads in that I live in a totally flat South Jersey Atlantic beach community. The only climbing results from riding over a bridge, no need for disc brakes on the descent. Views of tidal wetlands replace the Rocky Mountain pictures Ron shares. I hope to do some traveling to participate in events with some moderate climbing this fall. I suck, literally and figuratively, when climbing, the BMC will be a great plus. It will also be great when riding into the wind that sometimes screams off the Atlantic. We have to ride mostly north and south, my two initial rides involved riding into wind that makes flags stand straight out. Ride into the wind at 10 mph, ride with the wind in the wind easily in the 20's.

One surprise is ticking noise from the DT Swiss rear freehub when not actually peddling. I asked my LBS tech about this and he stated that because it is a very high end hub, there are more contact points internally that create the noise, So, I'm learning to keep the legs moving slowly when resting.

I've never dreamed of owning a bike of this caliber, so, I'm very thankful that disc brakes came along and made Ron want to upgrade. Now if I could only borrow Ron's aerobic power-plant!

Sponsor