• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016 Baseball

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Cotton McKnight: Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to witness the greatest happening in sport: Extra inning 7th game of the World Series baseball.

Pepper Brooks: Pepper needs new shorts!

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't think anyone begrudges the Cubs for winning. CUBGRATS to Chicago.

Elwood: I falsified my address, I told them 1060 West Addision

Jake: That's Wrigley Field....

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
happy the Cubbies took it home! quite the game, thought Chapman (and Lester to a degree) was pretty burnt, felt a wee bad for him but I suspect he'll recover : )

Anyhow, now if Universal would digitally edit "Back to the Future" to correct the Cubs and a 2016 World Series .. sell it as a "special edition", they can sell hundreds of thousands of them to the fans!

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Congratulations to the Cubs & Indians for one of the most exciting Game 7s in MLB history, and to the Cubs for winning it!
:bestday: in Chi-town!

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I can't take that kind of ending much! Had to go to bed before it was all resolved, so nice way to wake up . . . although my husband (who is up before me) led with the news that the cat didn't use her litterbox, and only THEN followed up with the Cubs news.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
This just in...Steve Bartman was spotted on a street in Hackensack, New Jersey for the first time since 2003...updates to follow...

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Theo Epstein, a young Harvard guy from Brookline, gains entrance to the HOF. Terry Francona, once having teamed with Epstein to break the curse in Boston and gain the first leg, was on the other end of this HOF teeter totter but came up ever so short. They were each at the HOF turn style, standing on opposite sides of the wheel. Fate, history and extra innings.

Last edited:

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Ah, the goat can finally rest in peace. Great series. I agree, Lester should have stayed in another inning. Putting Chapman in was hubris, Madden be dammed. I find it interesting that the Cubies choked their first two games at home, the pressure must have been tremendous. They managing only eek out a win in game 5 at home to keep them alive, then cleaned up on the road in Cleveland.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
They were each at the HOF turn style, standing on opposite sides of the wheel. Fate, history and extra innings.

... and about 50% more talent on the Cubs active roster. The Cubs team is absolutely stacked with young talent (thanks to Theo), the Indians lost two of their three best starting pitchers and their best player, Michael Brantley... but that's baseball. Terry Francona managed a masterpiece getting the Tribe to game 7, there is no loss of HOF cred with what he achieved, he built on his legacy. (Maddon on the other hand? He had a brutal WS)

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
... and about 50% more talent on the Cubs active roster. The Cubs team is absolutely stacked with young talent (thanks to Theo), the Indians lost two of their three best starting pitchers and their best player, Michael Brantley... but that's baseball. Terry Francona managed a masterpiece getting the Tribe to game 7, there is no loss of HOF cred with what he achieved, he built on his legacy. (Maddon on the other hand? He had a brutal WS)
I agree, Joe did over manage a bit and he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar mor than once and fortunately he still came out on top. The differance between this game and the 1-0 Twins/Braves game where Morris went all 10 inning could be a case study sometime in the future.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Agree re Francona; his HoF credentials are already established IMHO.
I also think Maddon will get there, quite deservedly; he's one of the smartest and most innovative managers in MLB.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
.Terry Francona managed a masterpiece getting the Tribe to game 7, there is no loss of HOF cred with what he achieved, he built on his legacy. (Maddon on the other hand? He had a brutal WS)
Of course he didn't hurt his cred...but he did he get his ticket punched.? A win would have done that. That's just the way it works with wins and losses. Francona has for sure been brilliant. If Whitey Herzog and Bobby Cox made it Francona is probably in as well. But probably not definitely.

Madden on the other hand did some pretty bonehead things and got lucky. Credit is going to Epstein and deservedly so.

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
They were talking on the radio with an ex-MLB'er and his thing was, as a manager, it's real hard sometimes to just do nothing instead of trying to make things better..when you really can't.. Sometimes you just have to shut up and let it ride..that was the gist of it.

Sponsor