• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016 Baseball

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Rangers are 21 games over 500 and have a negative run differential. How does that happen and I am sure it will catch up to them at some point,
:huh:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Congrats to the Giants. Beat my Mets with a great performance last night. Go on and disappoint those Cubs fans again hahahaha.. Just kidding, best to all the remaining teams. We'll see you on the field next year..

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I am rooting for the Cubbies. I am a big Joe Madden fan, Pa boy from Hazleton area.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I am rooting for the Cubbies. I am a big Joe Madden fan, Pa boy from Hazleton area.

Phil I remember that you called Cubs right at the beginning of the season. So far that's still looking like a solid bet..

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Giants, Red Sox, Rangers, Dodgers, Cubs, Nationals, Indians, Jays and possibly the best sub-plots in years? Ever?

This could be an epic post-season. Off to a good start.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Giants, Red Sox, Rangers, Dodgers, Cubs, Nationals, Indians, Jays and possibly the best sub-plots in years? Ever?

@Lorenzzo, did you see the Rangers win/loss and their runs for/against? 95/67 765/757 almost 30 games over .500 and only a +8 run differential? Nationals had the same record and had a +151 differential. You know baseball, explain how the Rangers can sustain that?

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@Lorenzzo, did you see the Rangers win/loss and their runs for/against? 95/67 765/757 almost 30 games over .500 and only a +8 run differential? Nationals had the same record and had a +151 differential. You know baseball, explain how the Rangers can sustain that?
It's an interesting question and it'll be interesting to see how that and other stats hold up in the face of the match-ups. It's been a season of streaks for many of the teams and play-off baseball is a different sport. But more than anything this is looking like a parade of fascinating match-ups, starting with the last two nights. Look at the DS-s.

I'm hoping to visit a game or two in the LCS or WS, depending upon location and someone else's schedule.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Lorenzzo, Rangers lose 10-1...then win the next 2-1?

Yes, lots of interesting sub plots...Francona vs. Red Sox, Dusty Baker vs. Giants, both managers against former teams. Jays and Rangers hate each other. Cubs vs. Nats..well it has been since like 1742 since the Cubs have won.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
What a Cubs game. We watched the Fox Post Game Show with Idontknowwhowashosting but A-Rod, Charlie Hustle and The Big Hurt were great, especially Alex, he was fantastic and had some great analysis of the game. To think there was ocer 10,000 hits between these three, two of which are not or ever will be in the Hall. I am less of a fan of the self important Hall of Fame voters who's holier than though attitude is keeping these two out. Sorry, will keep Alex out. Pete bet on baseball, yes but that has nothing to do with what he did between the chalk lines.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
The American League games have been good in that the Jays and Indians are playing really well. Unfortunately the Red Sox and Rangers aren't. It's disappointing Papi's exit hasn't been more dramatic. The National League games were great. The Cubs look really solid.

I so wanted to not like Rodriquez as a broadcaster but he had some interesting things to say. I hope however he never gets in. Pete Rose has apparently become a retired gym teacher. He'll probably get in posthumously. But then he made himself a symbol of baseball's holiness. There aren't many of them left. Certainly not Rodriguez.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Jays are in and look scary. Cleveland next? Cubbies are gonna be tough and the Nets/Dodgers are are anyones guess.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Red Sox - Cubs is too good to hope for and looking unlikely. Toronto, Cleveland and Chicago are playing the best baseball.

The Rangers had 95 wins but weighted towards their own weak division. They played like they had 45.

Sponsor

Staff online