• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Always a good sign when threads like this get started

Paul Lutes

Making fresh tracks
Skier
..... except the over-under on number of days that it will last is 1.2 ( I'm taking the under); night time low up into the 40s by Thursday.

#nobodylikesapartypoop

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
#nobodylikesapartypoop

#damnyouvoiceofreason :D

I don't think anyone expects it to last. Even when Squaw was able to open 10/26 2012? That didn't last long. Show me some good storms the second and third week of November, and I wil be happy.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
mount Rose is currently shooting for November 4.....we will see
With their elevation, there is a slim chance of opening with something small, but the temps have to start getting colder .....now!

I hope you like Red Dog... a lot.
There is that but then, perhaps this Mt Rose vs Squaw thing is going to be the Tahoe version of Loveland vs Arapahoe Basin.
Both places concentrate on one run and pour the snow guns on like gangbusters. The key difference is, Loveland pass (where both of those resorts are) is much much colder.

When we pulled out of Frisco last Friday it was 32 degrees, 28 over Vail Pass, which has been pretty consistent in Summit and Eagle. I don't think its been consistently that cold at night in Tahoe yet, but I could be wrong.

skibob

Skiing the powder
Skier

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We actually have a cloud here in Reno today.
Just watched the local weather news. High of 73º here today and lows in the 30s in the evenings for the coming week.
The breezes feel amazing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.