• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016-17 Northeast Conditions/reports

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Rather that walking down to the snow a few folks have skillz or ballz needed to straight line over the rocks. Here is "The Hammer" making it look easy.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
It's official as Killington will close after a free ski day Thursday June 1st. See everyone there. Following is from their website:

05/31/17--We made it skiers and riders, we'll be skiing in June. Thursday, June 1 will be the final day of lift-served skiing and snowboarding this season and lift tickets will be FREE!

The Superstar Express Quad will turn from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. but get here early because we'll be handing out June 1 commemorative t-shirts at 8:30 to the first 250 skiers and riders in line. There will be music provided by DJ Dave and refreshments available at the Roaring Brook Umbrella Bar. Don't miss this exciting opportunity, it's the first lift-served June Skiing and riding in 15 years.

TS
Guy in Shorts

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Guy In Shorts 1June Killington Conditions

Early sun quickly hid behind the thicking morning clouds. Line to get the free green skiing in June T shirts started building so we grabbed a slot. Large stack of free tickets were passed around as even season pass holders grabbed one marking the first lift served June skiing in 15 years. Groomer parked on to Headwall top had ropes to allow the horde to belay down to the snow. Overheard one skier say that he will never complain about hike down the Peak walkway again. Dropping was the common cry as folks pushed off into the narrow entrance leading to the groomed Superstar snow surface. Many from the early crowd did a lap or two then headed out. Buddy after our third run said that the snow was so nice he would very happy calling that his last run. We paced ourselves planning to enjoy the entire 8 hours of lift operation. Great to see so many friends come from far and wide to enjoy a rare June ski day. I had hiked up to ski the last three June 1st with this one marking my very first June lift served ski day. Hours passed way too quickly as we loaded heading for last chair party on top of Superstar. Hugs, cheers, toasts and fireworks marked the end of the longest season in the East. Had a spill on my last trip down as the bumps most be conquered on each and every run. Cut on my forearm required a few stiches so I left the after party to get fixed.

June Grade A+

Quote of the Day - Best June ski day that I have ever had.

Morning Line.JPG
Morning Line
Dropping.JPG
Dropping
Snow Master.JPG
SnowMaster
Last Chair Party.JPG
Last Chair Party
Final Run.JPG
Final Run

Sponsor