• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016-17 Mammoth/"Calif4nia" Conditions/Meetups Thread

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Does Lonnie know he's in the most watched Pugski video this summer? Lol. Looks like your videography skill is still very sharp, @Mothertucker. Lonnie knows he's a star, but the leader on the podium is this one.
Cannot believe I didn't cross paths with either of you 2016-17. We shall have to remedy that. "sabbatical from skiing" I do not understand these words.:huh:

Until next season...

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Are there any tricks to get a room for just one night? We plan on doing a day trip Tomorrow but want to be prepared for an over night if needed.
Hotels.com showed three places in Mammoth with rooms available for Sat. night only, but two of them only claimed 1 room left and least expensive was $299, probably plus tax. And make sure you can live with cancellation policy before you book

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hotels.com showed three places in Mammoth with rooms available for Sat. night only, but two of them only claimed 1 room left and least expensive was $299, probably plus tax. And make sure you can live with cancellation policy before you book
I saw a couple available for one night only but with premium prices. Not worth it. I'll make a day trip.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
IMG_0204.JPG.jpeg

Friend of Pugski, Zach said he left for Mammoth super early and was greeted by Mono with this. Photo Cred - Totally Zach

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
The Bluesapalooza music festival, Thursday and Friday nights, day and night Saturday and day on Sunday, is Mammoth's biggest summer event. Hotel prices reflect that. Wednesday night was $129 but Thursday night was $179. We went to Bluesapalooza Friday too but decided to stay in Bishop Friday night before driving home today. Even in Bishop we had to pay $109 for Friday. It took some digging to find that; we were considering sleeping in the car at the Lone Pine Supercharger if we couldn't find something reasonable.

A great marketing opportunity was missed. Liz and I really wanted "Ski + Bluesapalooza" shirts. I am curious how much ski traffic on the mountain went up for the closing weekend. It is possible not much since Bluesapalooza is in the daytime on the weekend. Thursday really ended our season on a high note. Friday we hiked from Devil's Postpile to Minaret Falls before the music festival. Friday was thick overcast all day, then rained for an hour starting around 5PM.

This trip was good example of enjoying retirement. We got both the skiing and the music without the higher prices and crowds of the weekend.

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Missed you again! Wear your best party duds!

Tony

tseeb
Skier
Mammoth posted this on Facebook about their closing day:
Join us tomorrow for the 270th day of shredding and get a free ticket for Opening Day 17/18 on November 9th. Vouchers will be handed out at the bottom of Face Lift Express.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Mammoth posted this on Facebook about their closing day:
Join us tomorrow for the 270th day of shredding and get a free ticket for Opening Day 17/18 on November 9th. Vouchers will be handed out at the bottom of Face Lift Express.
Nice. We are headed down today.

Sponsor

Staff online