• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2016/17 Inland PNW Skiing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Clear powder everywhere.

Boy has it been raining here. Drove to CDA today and the Joe and CDA rivers are mighty high. Swans are in on Chain Lakes, lots of them.

Last edited:

teledance

Booting up
Skier
Well this is a odd slring, frozen and scary Sat and back to clear percip now. Missing a less variable spring.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
I think because we had two solid days of real rain, it's turned our mountain into solid concrete, top to bottom. I've been using skills I haven't needed in over ten years, plus being grateful that I've been using a1/3 bevel on my groomer skis. Yowzers, it's hard and slick, much not even softening in the sun at the higher elevations. Even the backside (North) is hard as hell. I'm hoping we get some late season snow to spruce things up. Normally it's just hardpack in the AM, slush in the PM, this time of year, but the 2 weeks of snow got a lot of rain on it and just turned the place into polished concrete.

teledance

Booting up
Skier
Yeah, 4" of white, was getting worried watching the webcams yesterday. Fresh snow.....

teledance

Booting up
Skier
Yeah, 4" of white, was getting worried watching the webcams yesterday. Fresh snow.....:daffy:

teledance

Booting up
Skier
I must thank all the riders for staying home, Monday & today were great. It is a bit damp though, but the lack of other riders makes for some great fun.
Pete hope ya make tomorrow.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Same storey at 49*N Tuesday. NOBODY was there. 3" of dust on crust and 3 chairs spinning. Snowed wet heavy flakes all day and got better as the day went along. If this weather holds, Friday could be awesome tree skiing there

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
1277b16095.png

(EC) April 30-May 2. 3-5 inches Oregon Coast. 10-15 inches Washington Coast. 5-10 inches Inland PNW.

12745f352f.png

(EC) 5/6 May 5-10 inches for the Washington Coast 2-5 inches inland.

12746b5b9c.png

10 day EC Snowcast. Inland PNW does very well for this period.

Dave H.

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
We will be there tomorrow! It looks to be a pretty nice day.:beercheer:

Dave in Spokane
aka Ski Merlin

Jellybeans1000

Getting off the lift
Industry Insider
graphic.aspx

Current EPS Control forecasts show 3-5" across the PNW. Pretty extraordinary given it's summer. Worth mentioning it is an outlier, but still pretty awesome to see snow on the long term forecast.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Was there Saturday, saw Teledancer but no one else. Skied Silver Belt 5 times and a couple others.
got there early and snow was pretty good/decent corn. Obstacles yes but fun. We left at 1145 and riding down the Gondola showed every gondola going up was either full of people or full of bikes. Can't believe people waited till 1100 to go up and ski. Weather was nice and warm, had fun and when done skiing went over to Shoshone Golf course and played some golf. All in all a great spring day in Idaho.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Anyone know how Timberline is skiing lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online