• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC 2016/17 Inland PNW Skiing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Another 8 inches last night and still snowing. Going to be a little windy and potential fog - but should still be good.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Didn't make it to Schweitzer (mainly the drive) but Monday 2/6 Silver reported 6 inches and it was all of that and more depending on wind influence. Jeff and I got lst tracks on Prospector, TE trees, and early tracks 3 or 4 on Heaven, and other routes in the trees. South skied variable from firm wind packed powder to really good powder. Good day, not a lot of people but a few more than normal for a monday. All in all a very nice day even some sunshine at times. :beercheer::beercheer: was good in the bar. Teledance was there in the bar and on the snow, always nice to watch a really very, very good tele skier going downhill and due to no particular reason he didn't pass me at Warp IV.;)

teledance

Booting up
Skier
May have been my last day, tweaked my bad vertebrae yesterday. Not moving well, bummed and in the 2 week wait and see mode. Was a great day till then, at least the warm up will keep me from wishing I was skiing for a few days. Thanks for the compliment on my old school ski style. Hope I get to see up on the Mtn soon

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
May have been my last day, tweaked my bad vertebrae yesterday. Not moving well, bummed and in the 2 week wait and see mode. Was a great day till then, at least the warm up will keep me from wishing I was skiing for a few days. Thanks for the compliment on my old school ski style. Hope I get to see up on the Mtn soon

Ouch, get well, Would a couple sessions of Physical Therapy speed things up, perhaps? Hope so! And remember:

:useless:

teledance

Booting up
Skier
No one needs a pic of a guy bent and hobbling about. Wish I had a new MRI of my bulging disc though.

Coomba

Booting up
Skier
Oh no!!!! The chinook has hit and it is raining at Silver and Lookout, both of which were closed today because of conditions. Skied Lookout on Monday and Silver on Tuesday, excellent skiing above a certain elevation but survival mode below. They closed lower chair 4 because of "dangerous conditions" at Silver. Wardner traverse was great and Moonshine and Bootlegger were pillow busting fun. We're going to need a bunch more snow to recover from these rains:eek:

teledance

Booting up
Skier
Great morning before it got warm. Pete where were ya? Hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

teledance

Booting up
Skier
Blessed was the day, 14", we don't see that amount often. Good to see ya out Pete, & meet Coomba. At least you have pics to prove it.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I don't know what you mean about not being a good powder skier....That looks pretty good!

teledance

Booting up
Skier
4" to start with & close to 1"/hr for the start, looking good thru Monday.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Teledance, couldn't go today Robin said really good. Gotta go to Lookout tommorrow and teach good friends son how to ski, will try Mon at Silver. Robin skied lower TE's, Moonshine and shady Ladyt to day for the lst time and said the skiing was good. See ya mon I hope

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Pete in Idaho Those days at Big Sky were amongst some of my favorites as well. Skiing in your group was incredibly fun.

teledance

Booting up
Skier
Pete, it was deep where there was 2 days worth, looks it might not snow much tonight, hope and see. Hope the lesson went well.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Mt. Spokane today. I can honestly say this was the finest day of skiing for me in over 2 years.

20170309_111506_1489108371698_resized.jpg 20170309_132012_1489108370690_resized.jpg After being in SW Oregon for 2 years it is the first unfortunately. First time back to Mount Spokane since the mid 80's, I had forgotten how good of a ski area the place is, and pretty much nothing has changed much.
Still all Riblet slow center pole doubles. Still 2 base lodges. The glades have gotten a lot better though. Snow was about 10" of heavy cut-up loose on top of a 100" at the summit. The picture was one of the better moments of visibility unfortunately. The seniors midweek day pass (62-68) was only $38.

Since it is only 26 miles from the front door, I will be back when the vision is a little better.

Pete in Idaho

Out on the slopes
Skier
Glad you had a good time Bob. We had some good snow Tue at Silver was really good, light 8 in. on a soft base, the whole mt. skied really good. Wed was deeper and good but my legs gave out on me had to go home and rest. Has rained since and the powder is probably done for the year - but it was a good year.

teledance

Booting up
Skier
Pete, such negativity, we'll be skiing spring powder before the weekend. It won't be 14" of cold smoke powder, but it will be fresh.

teledance

Booting up
Skier
LOL I remember our day at Lookout, I did get in one slow run of elevens before we left.

Status
Not open for further replies.