• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2016-17 Binding Indemnification List

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDuck

Booting up
Skier
No, it means that the manufacturer does not support it with parts. I might have trouble getting a shop to mount them but once off the list, they are not immediately unsafe to ski. They wil be tough to sell, that heel is the new Coke of bindings, and really very little following. They will be a tough sell, not worth much.

Thanks for the information Phil. Fortunately I live in Sacramento, frequently do work in the Reno/Tahoe area, and have a Squaw/Alpine season pass, so I will throw these boxed Race 140s in my car and make some stops at local shops -- see if I can find someone willing to work on them. Have a pair of little used Head Monster im82 on which I was going to mount these for early season turns and what looks like stretches of hard piste skiing -- rock ski conditions. On the Monsters, I currently have a set of Look Pivot 14 (chrome) and wanted to transfer them onto a pair of newly acquire Fischer Motive 95ti. If no takers will see if a local ski club or other such DIYers would want them -- just hate to throw away what just a year ago were covered binders, especially ones in such clean shape.

BTW, your description of this decade old pivot version per new coke is absolutely correct. That was a puzzling and disappointing decision by Rossi/Look back then. Alas I have a couple of other pair mounted on sticks from the early 2000s. And in great shape due to our ongoing drought. Oh well. On a related note I should chime in on your bring-back-the-Look Pivot 15 thread. I am too light to use the 18s but would gladly pay the extra dollars for that solid metal full pivot toe in a lower din.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
... On the Monsters, I currently have a set of Look Pivot 14 (chrome) and wanted to transfer them onto a pair of newly acquire Fischer Motive 95ti. ....

Assuming these are the Pivot 14s w/ turntable heal (aka the "FKS" version) -- any shop in their right mind will mount them.

If not, I will happily dispose of them for you (aka mount them myself and ski the daylights out of them.)

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Pretty sure he's talking about these

LL
LL

SnowDuck

Booting up
Skier
Sorry for the confusion -- Pivot 14s will be good for a long time. Wanted to transfer the Pivot 14s to my new Motive 95Tis and mount the old Rossi 140 Race on my old Monster im82s for early season conditions. The 140 Race are bindings Rossi has taken off the indemnified list this season.

ROSSIGNOL_140_AXIAL.jpg

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I'm kidding of course.. Visible cracks are when I stop skiing a plastic binding. More than 10 years old and ski at risk of explosion.

btw this plastic problem is not just bindings. Boots also. about 10 years ago many on Epic were reporting 12 to 14 year old
"exploding" grey Nordica boots. The whole sole cracked off some. Trish had the toe box crack apart on her grey rear entry Nordica's

She wanted new rear entry replacements. Not made anymore by anyone. :(

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
btw this plastic problem is not just bindings. Boots also. about 10 years ago many on Epic were reporting 12 to 14 year old
"exploding" grey Nordica boots. The whole sole cracked off some. Trish had the toe box crack apart on her grey rear entry Nordica's

She wanted new rear entry replacements. Not made anymore by anyone. :(

My mother stepped out of her bindings last year to find the entire sole block still in it. Walked on liners back to the condo. Decade-plus old Nordicas

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
My husband's Nordica rear entry boots broke in half while he was skiing, the crack completely encircling his arch. Naturally took a header and dislocated his shoulder, going down the hill on a sled. It's made me really leery of old plastic.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There are partial lists here, Please see THIS thread for the definitive list of all 2017 bindings. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.