• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2015 Volkl Code UVO Red - $499 before discounts!

https://www.skiessentials.com/

SkiEssentials

Slashing Turns and Prices
SkiTalk Sponsor
Hey Skiers!

We just did a quick review of the 2015 Volkl Code UVO Red. We have an insanely low price on these right now so I thought I'd give everyone on PugSki the heads up. They qualify for an automatic 10% off bringing them to $449, and as usual we can offer PugSki members an additional %10 off, getting them really close to $400 even. Not too shabby for a relatively high performance frontside carver!

Here's a link to the review, which has a link to the product page.

If you're thinking about pulling the trigger shoot me a PM and I'll work up a coupon code for the additional 10%.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For thanks looking for a technical ski for instructing or just free skiing on the groomers, this is a great ski at a stupid good price.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Last edited:
TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Just ordered a pair! With the current deal, they are under $300! This ski appears to be a Euro model and has received rave reviews. I found several and all were consistent

Here's one with video at bottom http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/1179769/products/volkl_code_uvo_red_2015_mens_skis_with_bindings.aspx

Quick update, the customer service has been truly outstanding. Ski's are already on their way with order confirmations and tracking numbers sent. :thumb:

Under $300... so ridiculous.

Thanks for ordering Ron! Let us know what you think after you get them on snow a couple times.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
I skied the Code red now 2 days. This is a solid, fun ski! Its very skiable meaning don't think this is a one-trick, carving pony; I skied it yesterday in 4" of fresh and had a blast on it. Very easy, not demanding at all. A lot of fun in the bumps too. Very easy to roll edge-to-edge. This would make a great teaching ski and a really nice East coast everyday ski. Its not a stiff carving ski folks.

I would call this a all mountain east coast ski although I am skiing it here all mountain and really enjoying it.

Last edited:

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
I skied the Code red now 2 days. This is a solid, fun ski! Its very skiable meaning don't think this is a one-trick, carving pony; I skied it yesterday in 4" of fresh and had a blast on it. Very easy, not demanding at all. A lot of fun in the bumps too. Very easy to roll edge-to-edge. This would make a great teaching ski and a really nice East coast everyday ski. Its not a stiff carving ski folks.

I would call this a all mountain east coast ski although I am skiing it here all mountain and really enjoying it.

Thanks for posting your experiences so far. Is this an easy ski at slow speeds, or does it need a decent amount of speed to perform well? Does it release on command, or does it feel stuck in the carve at all times? Wondering how it handles smears, pivot slips, etc. ... have no doubt about the pure carving prowess.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Thanks for posting your experiences so far. Is this an easy ski at slow speeds, or does it need a decent amount of speed to perform well? Does it release on command, or does it feel stuck in the carve at all times? Wondering how it handles smears, pivot slips, etc. ... have no doubt about the pure carving prowess.

VERY EASY ski, this is why I think it would make a good teaching ski. Its a 18m radius so its very happy to drift about as directed. It has a very mild but felt rocker profile tip/tail when decambered. I am very surprised (happily) at its versatility. I had it in junk snow, ice bumps, trees and just about everything so far. The Code Red does not have the Speedwall so its not uber stiff. In some ways I have enjoyed it more on soft snow than the hard pack we had the other day. It hooks up very smoothly and can be turned inside of its published radius for sure. Honestly, for the price, its a steal.

TS
SkiEssentials

SkiEssentials

SkiTalk Sponsor
Hopefully @SkiEssentials is selling these out.

We still have a few pairs, but we're getting really close to selling out. At the price we have them, they won't last long.

@Ron psyched to hear you're enjoying them! It's definitely one of those skis that flies under the radar a bit.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
We still have a few pairs, but we're getting really close to selling out. At the price we have them, they won't last long.

@Ron psyched to hear you're enjoying them! It's definitely one of those skis that flies under the radar a bit.

it really appears to have made much more of an impact in the euro and canadian markets. Its just a bit more user friendly and a versatile version of a Code Speedwall L. The ski can really be loaded up BTW. lots of fun energy and pop in the release, I have used it to work on footwork and getting much more active with the inside edges for engagement so its been a great asset to my skiing.

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
Its just a bit more user friendly and a versatile version of a Code Speedwall L. The ski can really be loaded up BTW. lots of fun energy and pop in the release, I have used it to work on footwork and getting much more active with the inside edges for engagement so its been a great asset to my skiing.

Are you using the 175cm length? Your normal ski length is a bit longer than what I use. Wondering what your feel is on the suitability of the length you are using.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
Yes, 175, I ski the FX85 in a 181. the ski at 175 does feel a tad short but I like it for the groomed; for this kind of ski, I wouldn't want it longer unless I was skiing big GS all day. . Its a pretty stable ski and its fun to rock over and play around on. I forget but aren't you mId-west or EC?

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
EC. Usually like skis in the 170cm range for my frontside/all-mountain here. 175cm with 18m radius might not quite work as well.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

These are so far under the radar, they could be subterranean.

Even our local Volkl rep feels he cannot sell Codes so he doesn't even bring more than one demo in. I mentioned that I see them every morning at Northstar when the racers are out. He was baffled and asked "Where the eff are people buying these skis from???" Sites like Ski Essentials I guess.

Ron

SkiTalk Tester
ahh, yes, skied them again today out in some side country stuff, bumped up chalky snow. Now I won't say they could replace my FX85's but they are becoming my ski of choice for when I know I will be skiing more groomers than bumps and steeps. They are quick underfoot and easy with great engagement and enough ooommpph.... :)

Mark Downing

Mt. Rose
Instructor
ahh, yes, skied them again today out in some side country stuff, bumped up chalky snow. Now I won't say they could replace my FX85's but they are becoming my ski of choice for when I know I will be skiing more groomers than bumps and steeps. They are quick underfoot and easy with great engagement and enough ooommpph.... :)

Mine arrived Friday, and I was able to ski them at Mt. Rose on Sunday. Fun ski. I agree with Phil, they are flying way under the radar. Thanks Ski Essentials for a GREAT deal!

--Mark

Reactions: Ron

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
How would this do for a tahoe skiing intermediate looking to get off rentals?

Buyer is a lanky 6' 2"

Edit site showing One-Oh-Something.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid