• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2015 INTERSKI WORKSHOPS | Teaser for Bulgaria

Paul Lorenz

Booting up
Skier
Hi Guys,

It's my first post here but I thought it would be a great place to share a couple of video edits from the 2015 Interski Congress. One video shows the Croatian on-snow workshop and the other is the Korean on-snow workshop. I think it's a good teaser for next month. What do you guys think about these presentations?

PeteW

Getting on the lift
Skier
@Paul Lorenz I like to see such kind of videos as well as some of the lectures if it is possible.

Are there some other members attending to Inteski 2019 in Pamporovo? It is my regular place to ski and will be pleasure to meet them on the slopes :D

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
Hi Guys,

It's my first post here but I thought it would be a great place to share a couple of video edits from the 2015 Interski Congress. One video shows the Croatian on-snow workshop and the other is the Korean on-snow workshop. I think it's a good teaser for next month. What do you guys think about these presentations?

Find these vids very interesting for the different perspectives brought to skiing and instructing. (Also including @Paul Lorenz recent posting on Japanese ski technique - see below.)

If there was such a thing as a universal optimium ski technique, would expect that over time every country would evolve towards it. However different snow conditions, different crowd conditions dictate a different focus to suit.

I find the Croation keep it simple approach illuminating - don't mention stuff that is beyond people's ability or likely to confuse (getting back through the turn) or that they will may do naturally (weight to outside, parallel skis).

HardDaysNight

Making fresh tracks
Skier
If there was such a thing as a universal optimium ski technique, would expect that over time every country would evolve towards it.

I think that, given specific objectives, ski technique at the highest level does evolve towards an optimum. The best examples are the technical events on the WC. For ages posters on Epic, and here too, would claim that there are a million ways to ski well, all equally valid. At the WC level what is most notable is not how differently everyone skis but how remarkably similar they all are in pretty much every important way. Their movement patterns are basically identical. That’s actually good news for anyone that cares to learn it. (And bad news for the”anything goes” bullshit artists.)

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
I think that, given specific objectives, ski technique at the highest level does evolve towards an optimum. The best examples are the technical events on the WC. For ages posters on Epic, and here too, would claim that there are a million ways to ski well, all equally valid. At the WC level what is most notable is not how differently everyone skis but how remarkably similar they all are in pretty much every important way. Their movement patterns are basically identical. That’s actually good news for anyone that cares to learn it. (And bad news for the”anything goes” bullshit artists.)

Maybe the key words there are "...given specific objectives...".

Sponsor

Staff online