• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

2015-16 Utah Weather & Conditions

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It's snowing. I was beginning to forget what that looked like. Not a big forecast.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
:crossfingers:

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Are you supposed to get anything about this storm that we're starting to feel?
https://opensnow.com/state/CA

You guys are looking great. I hope Amy's right but so far nothing big showing up on the 3 day and anything beyond that in Utah is the stuff of TV excitement guy entertainer weathermen, not actual meterologists. The below site is typically more realistic. On a positive note the current pulse has grown from 5" to 8" since my OP.

http://snoinfo.com/Home/Wasatch/

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Snowbasin got 5" last night. Much colder air on the way. Seems like nobody can agree on how much the next week will bring. I still like this pattern overall way better than last winter.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I haven't measured, but I think we got 5 on our patio in Reno last night.
This was taken when it was still snowing. :yahoo:
Hopefully we'll be sending some your way!

12362758_10156189581510018_799149100257254875_o.jpg

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
More importantly, what's the beverage of choice there?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Just soda water. Perhaps ULLR is in order.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Well, beer DOES taste better after a day of skiing :beercheer:
What doesn't taste better after a day of skiing? :huh:

BTW, we will be in Utah next week. :cool:

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
What doesn't taste better after a day of skiing? :huh:

BTW, we will be in Utah next week. :cool:
Where? I could try to peel away for a day. You guys definitely have way more snow so far, BTW.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ I know where.
I'm guessing not Snowbasin. Which skied FANTASTIC today, BTW. I mean it was FANTASTIC. Conditions were consistent top to bottom all day long. Just chalky groomers, pushed around piles, pure hero snow. I needed it so badly. Sun was out most of the day with a few snow showers that came through and a few moments of fog, but mostly sunny and just purely awesome.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Today was more fun than I thought I could have in 4 inches of powder. The crew came out for it and we thought it would be fun but not as good as it was. If it will just snow big a few times it will get way better as the steep stuff still needs more snow to open.

I also had a blast on the new Titans. Just perfect for the conditions and so fun to put on edge. I'm kind of blown away by how fun those skis are. No more worrying whether I should have gone for the Rally or Magnum although it's a good bet they'd have been fun too. Today reminded me why I do this.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Today was more fun than I thought I could have in 4 inches of powder. The crew came out for it and we thought it would be fun but not as good as it was. If it will just snow big a few times it will get way better as the steep stuff still needs more snow to open.

I also had a blast on the new Titans. Just perfect for the conditions and so fun to put on edge. I'm kind of blown away by how fun those skis are. No more worrying whether I should have gone for the Rally or Magnum although it's a good bet they'd have been fun too. Today reminded me why I do this.

It reminded me of the same. I agree--we got 5" here and it was some good quality snow. Not blower Utah snow, but it was fast and chalky and just held up well all day. I picked a most excellent day for a lesson (which turned out to be a most excellent lesson. I learned a TON and had a MAJOR breakthrough :D) Definitely need a lot more of it, but hopefully next week those storms will come to fruition.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
It reminded me of the same. I agree--we got 5" here and it was some good quality snow. Not blower Utah snow, but it was fast and chalky and just held up well all day. I picked a most excellent day for a lesson (which turned out to be a most excellent lesson. I learned a TON and had a MAJOR breakthrough :D) Definitely need a lot more of it, but hopefully next week those storms will come to fruition.
Well… You're right about this pattern being superior… I'm concerned about the recent warm wave and consistent splits but at least we're getting pulses and offsetting cold. Last year just supersucked here.

Breakthroughs are like powder days. I worked hard all last season in Masters racing (The cottonwoods had the goods at times but here there wasn't much else to do.) I made a little progress but surgery put me back a month and I never caught up. This year, pre-gates, in a short time I'm finally getting new sensations and smiles.

How are the boots?

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well… You're right about this pattern being superior… I'm concerned about the recent warm wave and consistent splits but at least we're getting pulses and offsetting cold. Last year just supersucked here.

Breakthroughs are like powder days. I worked hard all last season in Masters racing (The cottonwoods had the goods at times but here there wasn't much else to do.) I made a little progress but surgery put me back a month and I never caught up. This year, pre-gates, in a short time I'm finally getting new sensations and smiles.

How are the boots?

Boots are good! And yes, the breakthroughs make it all worth it. I'm going to celebrate with a Stone something (not sure what's in the fridge) and In N Out is on the way :beercheer:

After today, when conditions were consistent from top to bottom, I realized just how BADLY last year sucked. It really did supersuck.

TS
Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Boots are good! And yes, the breakthroughs make it all worth it. I'm going to celebrate with a Stone something (not sure what's in the fridge) and In N Out is on the way :beercheer:

After today, when conditions were consistent from top to bottom, I realized just how BADLY last year sucked. It really did supersuck.
Damn… There's just so many things I could say but, well, never mind. I'll just leave it at you go girl!

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
We have our Stone beer smuggled in from WA State. We miss it here in UT. Nice to have In N Out available, though. :rolleyes:

Did I mention how good the snow was today. And how exhausted I am?

Sponsor