• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Baldy is on my hit list one of these days. I am bummed I didn't get out that way with the good snow last winter. Big Bear too if I can avoid the crowds.

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Baldy is on my hit list one of these days. I am bummed I didn't get out that way with the good snow last winter. Big Bear too if I can avoid the crowds.
Haha! I feel the same way about Snowbowl!

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 10.20.07 AM.png

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Is he ready? New skis? New bibs?

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
I see Bear is testing their guns
Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 11.53.55 AM.png

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
This permanent gun showed up too, not sure where it will be mounted. IMG_20191106_132147981_HDR.jpg

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
East coater here, -I saw i on the news there was going to be some snow tonight in SoCal and a general weather pattern shift with the potential snow next week.

I'm actually going to LA for a conference in early December and this snow got me thinking about actually skiing while there.
I was wondering how much base Mount Baldy needs to open those upper lifts?

If that's not realistic , is Big Bear aggressive in blowing a lot of snow if temperatures are cold?

Pat AKA mustski

I can keep a Secret
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Baldy is highly unlikely in December. In Big Bear, the resorts blow whenever possible. The issue is our weather. Even though we are a mountain town, we are quite far south and can remain warm well into December. I am not optimistic that we will have much open in early December. Today was the first day I wore a (light) jacket while walking the dogs. I’ve been quite happy in t-shirts.

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Baldy is highly unlikely in December. In Big Bear, the resorts blow whenever possible. The issue is our weather. Even though we are a mountain town, we are quite far south and can remain warm well into December. I am not optimistic that we will have much open in early December..

thanks for the reality slap and waking me from my work dream Fantasyland. I got sucked in by reading some Mount Baldy and Waterman reviews on First Tracks. Those are the places that are worth a visit.

I'll be hitting the hiking trails unless there is some miracle

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
new scheduled opening dates
Screen Shot 2019-11-21 at 5.27.07 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online