• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crank

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Been a long time but I used to ski mostly at Summit and Mt High. Mt high had steeper terrain.

river-z

searching for seasons
Skier
Mnt Baldy is some kind of $^^^show. Too bad because the terrain is so good.

Today conditions were more firm than we had anticipated and we were forced to close much of the mountain due to dangerous icy conditions. We hope to process as much snow as possible tomorrow making the most out of our closure and hoping for better conditions for the weekend.
Tomorrow Friday, December 6 we will be closed due to a power outage cause by an emergency maintenance issue.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to my first day skiing this season up at Snow Summit

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Mnt Baldy is some kind of $^^^show. Too bad because the terrain is so good.

Today conditions were more firm than we had anticipated and we were forced to close much of the mountain due to dangerous icy conditions. We hope to process as much snow as possible tomorrow making the most out of our closure and hoping for better conditions for the weekend.
Tomorrow Friday, December 6 we will be closed due to a power outage cause by an emergency maintenance issue.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to my first day skiing this season up at Snow Summit
@river-z I had the same reaction to the Baldy updates :geek:
What is "processing" the snow? That's a new one for me. Is grooming too refined a technique to describe what they're doing? Going to ski dazzle this w/e so I'll talk to the Baldy guy there (cheap lift tix!)

Also looking forward to Snow Summit though!

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Processing is the chosen word for skier groomed. In other words- it stormed, it settled, it iced over - come ski anyway. With luck, they will run a cat over a couple of runs. It’s the reason Baldy is Baldy- off piste in it’s natural SoCal state. If it’s your vibe - kudos. I like groomers in SoCal - hence BBMR.

TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
OK! Yesterday was a sneaker DOC powder day. After a rollercoaster start, massive snow then lot of rain, conditions are really good. Tons of guns were blasting snow all night, #7 should reopen soon and possibly Lower Log and Westridge by this weekend. IMG_20191209_092056322_HDR.jpg IMG_20191209_093820675_HDR.jpg IMG_20191209_122515940_HDR.jpg Bear Mt. to begin daily ops on Friday.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
Error! Bear may be another week before daily ops.:doh:

Slide of Hans

Getting on the Red Chair
Skier
Anyone have any info as to what is going on at MT Baldy? "Snow report" last updated Monday, then chair 4 was supposed to run today, but who knows if it is. Seems warm up there (mid 40s) so should soften. Are the lifts wind prone, might be a 15-20mph breeze tomorrow.

socalgal

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Summit was fun. A great first day of the season. No crowds. Nice weather. Smiles all around. I skied mainly westridge first thing, until the rowdy set arrived. Then, we did laps off of chair 7. Met up with @Mothertucker

All in all, a nice day.

Super busy. 20191212_102601.jpg

Awkward angles, but oh well. @Mothertucker
20191212_111901.jpg

Rostapher

All Praise Ullr
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Mothertucker

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
We’re planning to be at Summit on Sunday, if anyone wants to spin some laps. @Pat AKA mustski? @socalgal? Also, recommendations welcome. Where’s @Mothertucker finding all that untouched pow? ;)
Feel free to flag me down, I’ll probably be in my usual orange helmet & jacket with dark green pants.
@Rostapher, that was untracked, but not really pow, two day old dust on crust in lift accessed ob. I will be working weekends for the foreseeable future, taking Mondays and Tuesdays off, and skiing some nights, especially during the holidays. Shoot me a pm when you're heading up, I would be happy to show you around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online