• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
1575848460985.png

I want to say "finally", but I think it's the earliest in a season I've skied by about a week....

Vampire Cat

Putting on skis
Skier
I'm stuck at 4, all about 11 hours drive away. Hoping to start racking up the days in earnest starting Thursday, likely at Crystal. The forecast looks somewhat promising, though I'll travel if I have to.

Kind of a slow start to the season here in the NW. We are apparently at less than 50% of our median snow pack for this time of year in the Cascades.

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
So I can finally exit the Fashionably Late thread and enter this thread with my first day of six for the week at Jackson Hole. And a good day it was. The storm that was supposed to drop a foot plus of snow largely passed us by and it looks like tomorrow morning's report will probably only quote 4" or so. But it sure was good to be back on skis again!

Stephen

AKA Steven
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 1. Northstar, CA. Fresh snow. Was an awesome first day of the season!

jseeski

Skiing a little BC powder
Skier
Not. Enough. Snow.

Summer grooming??!? We don't do no stinking summer grooming!! (Not true, actually, but it's pretty minimal compared to most destination areas that need to open on marginal amounts of snow.)

We also don't have any snowmaking, so no WROD. (That's a GOOD thing!)

So we need a minimum 50" base to be worth skiing on. It ain't there yet.

Some is supposed to be coming on Thursday or Friday. We'll see. It's not on the ground yet. I'll believe it when I see it.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last Thursday was 11 for me. Today will be 12
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 8.42.00 AM.png

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier

428870F2-203E-4844-9198-49ECCB60A16E.jpeg

Not that I necessarily think that the number is all that Special, but I just want to say that I got a Bluebird Powder Day for my my 68th birthday. JH and Open Snow are saying 14", but I think that's a little generous. Still, we caught a rope drop over at Casper this morning for a sweet untracked run. The rest of the multitude was waiting on the Laramie Bowl rope drop, but one of our posse just had open heart surgery six weeks ago and was warned to stay on greens. Which he more or less has cooperated with. Eventually got over to Thunder for some pretty decent leftovers. No complaints, because these early season legs were still completely shot by the end of the day. And now it's off to the hot tub.

Last edited:

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier

Not that I necessarily think that the number is all that Special, but I just want to say that I got a powder day for my my 68th birthday. JH and Open Snow are saying 14", but I think that's a little generous. Still, we caught a rope drop over at Casper this morning for a sweet untracked run. The rest of the multitude was waiting on the Laramie Bowl rope drop, but one of our posse just had open heart surgery six weeks ago and was warned to stay on greens. Which he more or less has cooperated with. Eventually got over to Thunder for some pretty decent leftovers. No complaints, because these early season legs were completely shot by the end of the day. And now it's off to the hot tub.

Happy Birthday! Glad Ullr delivered the goods!

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier
2 - At Stratton Saturday, December 8.

Took advantage of another work trip to upstate NY and got in another day in VT.
Line at the gondola was around the bottom of the stairs every time I ended down at the base lodge. Spent most of my time lapping Ursa and SnowBowl lifts, sticking to the groomed slopes again, but added in blacks this time. The hip held up well, but the knees really felt their age.

Gondola Line.jpg
slope.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online