• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like Sunrise Park is on the Indy Pass this year...But the page on their website looks like it was written by a non-skier...

Pretty sure the entire operation is run by non-skiers...
And that web page is a mess.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
should be great snow making weather the next few days. We are seeing temps we dont usually see until late November or December.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier

Yes! I totally respect your opinion on the widening but one cool thing that I believe they are planning is to grade the new widened line back to an off camber slope that will match the upper and lower glades creating better flow on those fall line pitches. I’m really stoked about that! The weird break in flow from the old liftline was kind of a bummer imho.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Brian Head is a great fit for the portfolio. I am really stoked about this. Brian Head doesn't really have steeps but it has great lifts, great snow, and literally no crowds ever. Brian Head/Eagle Point road trip will be in order soon.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Brian Head is a great fit for the portfolio. I am really stoked about this. Brian Head doesn't really have steeps but it has great lifts, great snow, and literally no crowds ever. Brian Head/Eagle Point road trip will be in order soon.

There seems to be some amazing back country just uphill from eagle point.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There seems to be some amazing back country just uphill from eagle point.

Tushars have incredible BC that is relatively uncrowded compared to elsewhere in UT. I know there are some huts up there too. If I was ever considering buying property next to a resort I'd look at both Brian Head and Eagle Point. They have to be about the least crowded ski areas in this region.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Tushars have incredible BC that is relatively uncrowded compared to elsewhere in UT. I know there are some huts up there too. If I was ever considering buying property next to a resort I'd look at both Brian Head and Eagle Point. They have to be about the least crowded ski areas in this region.

I bet it’s nice up there but those San Juans are always calling me.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
I bet it’s nice up there but those San Juans are always calling me.

Yep the San Juans are stunning. My favorite areas. And wouldn't you know it, I have a trip booked to Brian Head this spring and this is the first season I opted NOT to buy the Power Pass at Snowbowl, and just went with the weekday version. Oh well, at least BH isn't a substantial ding to the wallet.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
It is just Mormons in S. Utah. It is a weird vibe. Similar to S. CO in a lot of ways but without the ski culture.

I've posted this here before but this guy is one of my favorite photographers on Facebook and documents living in Brian Head. He really captures how cool of an area it is up there.

https://www.facebook.com/BrianHeadLife

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
It is just Mormons in S. Utah. It is a weird vibe. Similar to S. CO in a lot of ways but without the ski culture.

I've posted this here before but this guy is one of my favorite photographers on Facebook and documents living in Brian Head. He really captures how cool of an area it is up there.

https://www.facebook.com/BrianHeadLife
Southern Utah indeed has a weird vibe. It's just creepy. Spectacular scenery though .

Fishbowl

A Parallel Universe
Skier
I've skied Brianhead several times over the years, but never noticed a weird vibe, but we did just stay in a motel and hit the slopes rather than try to integrate with the locals. We used to get free passes for Brianhead from the Phoenix Ski Show held at the downtown conference center. They had a booth there. and gave lots of gifts away.

Creepy?

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
NO........Brian Head isn't creepy at all . It's the drive through Southern Utah that is weird. I love Brain Head itself.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
Yep the San Juans are stunning. My favorite areas. And wouldn't you know it, I have a trip booked to Brian Head this spring and this is the first season I opted NOT to buy the Power Pass at Snowbowl, and just went with the weekday version. Oh well, at least BH isn't a substantial ding to the wallet.

Weekends can be quite the shit show anyways. What do you do for work? It’s cool that you can open time up for weekday skiing.

kimberlin

Getting on the lift
Skier
Weekends can be quite the shit show anyways. What do you do for work? It’s cool that you can open time up for weekday skiing.

Weekends at Snowbowl are dangerous to say the least. I love to take my granddaughter snowboarding (she's 10) during the week, but she lives in the Valley this season so I am not sure how I will accomplish this to avoid a weekend visit. I guess doing a Friday could work if she could get up here Thursday night. Who needs school on Fridays ??:P

I work from home for a major Healthcare group. I am two hours from Snowbowl, driveway to boots on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online