• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raisingarizona

Out on the slopes
Skier
That’s about it. They are going to try and get it running again for the season but a new lift is scheduled for next season. Or so I’ve heard.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Is it even possible to get a new chairlift delivered and installed by ~November? I can't imagine those things are "in stock" at the warehouse... lol

Shifterkart

Putting on skis
Skier
Anyone have more information on the potential resurrection of the Agassiz Chair? Especially given the forecast of 1 - 2 weeks for a potential repair as noted on the Snowbowl Mountain Blog...

The word on Saturday was the gearbox failed. Not sure if that is true but when that happened a couple years ago it had to be custom made since parts are no longer available. That took a bit of time and expense.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Some pics from the last few days at Telluride. Last Friday was awesome with snow all day. Crazy winds at the top of the mountain like I've never seen before. Lifties were holding up a sign from inside the shack that said "Have fun, good luck!" haha. Saturday and Sunday were great bluebird days. The base up there is great and everything was skiing well. It looked like some big BC lines were being had too.
IMG_2047.JPG IMG_2048.JPG IMG_2053.JPG IMG_2063.JPG IMG_2069.JPG IMG_2072.JPG
IMG_2075.JPG IMG_2076.JPG IMG_2077.JPG IMG_2096.JPG IMG_2098.JPG IMG_2104.JPG IMG_2109.JPG

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Is it even possible to get a new chairlift delivered and installed by ~November? I can't imagine those things are "in stock" at the warehouse... lol

They can build them fast. It may not be open by November but I bet we will see a new lift up there. It only took them a few months to get GCE up and running.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I was thinking lead time more than install time. But I think they already have approval to replace right? I remember reading about the "chondola" thing. Perhaps it is already in the pipeline.

Not much new overnight but flurries are visible up there on the webcam.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
There are a few factories in EU that crank out gondi cars and chairs. I bet Snowbowl just has to pull the trigger on the order and they will be on the way. If it is a chondola, I'm curious who will manufacture.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Amazon Prime.

LOL

Looks like some guys have been futzing around with it (Agassiz) today. Got a pickup backed in under there right now.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Core2 Nice...legit photo of Revelation. Looks like you are staying above There?

I skied the bowl a few times before it got packed out on Saturday. Sometimes it doesn't even open until this time of year so was sweet to see such good coverage.

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
LOL

Looks like some guys have been futzing around with it (Agassiz) today. Got a pickup backed in under there right now.

Remember when it crapped out a few years back around this time? I bet there are some lift mechanics that have nightmares and PTSD from the Agassiz chair haha.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Remember when it crapped out a few years back around this time? I bet there are some lift mechanics that have nightmares and PTSD from the Agassiz chair haha.

I can't imagine wrenching mechanical shit out in the freezing cold. Of course I'm a warm climate puss.

Spooky

Getting off the lift
Skier
It's good to be back skiing the Cottowoods again, but with Agassiz on its last legs...it makes me miss the place. If they get it running again, I'm going to come down there and ride it before it gets sent to chair lift heaven.

Spooky

Getting off the lift
Skier
@Core2 I see that Gold Hill chutes and Palmyra are closed still. Did you get into Black Iron bowl?

TS
Core2

Core2

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Core2 I see that Gold Hill chutes and Palmyra are closed still. Did you get into Black Iron bowl?

Nah, I didn't get into anything too nasty. If it had snowed a bit more maybe I would have. Didn't stop other people though, some rowdy skiers up there.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I guess I was lucky to ride the Agassiz lift when I did. I didn't realize it was as old as it appears to be. Maybe they'll put in one of the heated seat/bubble cover like Big Sky. Nicer than a gondola, IMHO, as you don't need to futz around with taking skis off, getting them in the holder, and getting them back on. Plus you get a warm seat that remains covered so snow doesn't get on the seat.

teejaywhy

Retired Eccentric
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not to worry, McGyver is on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.