• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Scott THE Ski

YEAR: 2013/2016(?)

TURN RADIUS [180cm] 17

WAIST WIDTH: 92mm

[180cm] 131 / 92 / 121

LEVEL: Intermediate to Expert

YouTube Reviews:
https://www.steepandcheap.com/scott-the-ski-

The ski formerly known as the ski.

We hate to break it to you, but if these skis look familiar then you're definitely not a kid anymore. Sharing the same legendary graphics that made the '70s mogul ski known as "The Ski" a favorite of the boondock masters of yore, the Scott Ski is bringing a little piece of ski history to the masses, but with all the modern bells and whistles to charge the frontside from first to last chair.

The rockered tip makes for a playful and responsive feel, while camber underfoot gives The Ski the ability to carve with scalpel-like precision down the hardpack. The unique 3Dimensional sidecut consists of a shape that's flat underfoot and has two different tip and tail radii to provide better stability, power, and edge hold. The window graphics on the topsheet gives a view of the wood core that runs the length of the ski, and the elliptical sandwich construction utilizes titanal sheets above and below the core for increased torsional stiffness. The Ski will handle everything from soft corduroy to iced-over bumps with ease making these a great all-mountain ski for the dedicated frontside ripper.

· Pro-Tip Rocker 320 (early rise tip, camber underfoot)

· Sandwich sidewall elliptic construction

· Full-length wood core

· 88mm waist width

· 3Dimension sidecut

The skis were purchased from Christy Sports in Littleton CO Fall 2017. If you have kept up with my knee replacement story I purchased these to be my "welcome" back to skiing skis. I spent a day on them and found that I had missed my own personal "desires" by quite away. They are well loved and for the correct person I'm sure they "rock" but I want/need something with a little more snap and a little less waist.

They had Marker Squire's on them and my boot sole length is Lange 305.

I paid almost 400 dollars for them...I'd like to get $200 dollars. I'd even consider trades if you have a ski you think will match this retired "doggers" tastes.

Attachments

• 100_4692.JPG
    100_4692.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_4693.JPG
    100_4693.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_4694.JPG
    100_4694.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_4695.JPG
    100_4695.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_4696.JPG
    100_4696.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 100_4697.JPG
    100_4697.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 32
TS
RickyG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Sorry everyone just realized I for got to say thank you for looking and to introduce you to our 12 week old ski inspector sheltie Nico.

Rick G.

Phelmut

German for Northeasterner
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not interested in another set of skis, but i am interested in a pic of the pup, which is not showing:)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'd like them for our The Ski collection. How about an extensive Pugski swag package as a trade?

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
I bought 2015 Scott The Ski 155cm (121 87 113 mm) during the 2016 season and then had Look NX 11's mounted. It has the banana yellow graphics, that are arguably one of the most aesthetic designs one will ever see.

Unfortunately am somewhat frustrated as I have still not skied them much so don't know how they are going to work out for my original intended purpose of fresh powder days with say single digit depths. I purposely wanted something really light, short, and fat that I could also take out into the backcountry. Generally on fresh snow days am on the fat Rossi S7's but those tanks are much too heavy for backcountry uphills. Have taken them out on groomed and in bumps a bit and are best with softer snow for slapping back and forth with left rights at lower speeds, however my Twisters with their softer shovels do a better job of maintaining good surface contact and have a more balanced centered rebound that is important for getting into a stable stacked rhythm. But the narrow 66mm Twisters are lousy in untracked powder.

The above noted, I have a midfat hole in my quiver that has prevented me from enjoying a wider range of all mountain slopes while still being able to reasonably ski in bumps with at rec speed. Thus am hoping to demo maybe some red Nordica Navigators, at 165cm (115-79-100) or 172cm at (117-79-102) or the blue 165 (120-84-105) or 172 (123-85-108).

TS
RickyG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Phil...thank you... but I'd really like something to ski on...now you have a collection of skis...warm up the ski matching skills and see what you have that the THEs could be a partial trade...skis + cash?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TSM, with Looks or Fritzmeyer Duos?

IMG_0797.JPG IMG_0798.JPG IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0800.JPG IMG_0801.JPG IMG_0802.JPG

TS
RickyG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
I was a contracted skier with Raichle/Tyrolia (my first victory schedule) back when Fritzmeyer was being distributed by them...and I said no then...and now...naw. I also have a couple of pair of TSM and TSR(s) down stairs. I was thinking a little more modern.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
K2 Pinncle 95 185
DPS Foundation Cassiar 94 185
DPS Alchemist The Trainer 167

TS
RickyG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Phil...honestly I'd be happier in the "80"s....tell me something your group doesn't seem very turned on to the Scott ski products and the world is very quiet about this singular ski. What's going on?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil...honestly I'd be happier in the "80"s....tell me something your group doesn't seem very turned on to the Scott ski products and the world is very quiet about this singular ski. What's going on?
Well, at this point this ski is what, 5 years old? How many 4 year old skis are still sought after? Plus the same ski (other than these graphics) is still in the line. I have the white 175's, mounted, tuned and ready to go, but I haven't skied them in two seasons. Wy do I want these? well I plan on adding a TRS to the collection at some point and it would be cool to habe these next to them. Plus IF I was to go out and ski these some Scott The Ski, I would prefer to have it in a 180.

TrickySr.

Booting up
Skier
I have a pair of 178cm Nordica Hell n Back BURNERS that are new in wrapper. These skis are an 84mm waist with an 18m radius. These sound like they might be what you would like. However, I have not decided whether or not to part with them.
How many days do you have on your The Skis? What condition are they in.

TS
RickyG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
I have one day on them. They just didn't align with my quick footed way of skiing.

Attachments

• Rick Cramner Sharp Shooter Photoshoped 1.jpg
    Rick Cramner Sharp Shooter Photoshoped 1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 18
TS
RickyG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Well, at this point this ski is what, 5 years old? How many 4 year old skis are still sought after? Plus the same ski (other than these graphics) is still in the line. I have the white 175's, mounted, tuned and ready to go, but I haven't skied them in two seasons. Wy do I want these? well I plan on adding a TRS to the collection at some point and it would be cool to habe these next to them. Plus IF I was to go out and ski these some Scott The Ski, I would prefer to have it in a 180.
Phil:
Here's a wild thought maybe I'd find the 175 a little faster (lighter/shorter/etc) and you've just said the 180's would suit your ski day desires...how about a straight trade?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil:
Here's a wild thought maybe I'd find the 175 a little faster (lighter/shorter/etc) and you've just said the 180's would suit your ski day desires...how about a straight trade?
I might still buy them outright but that could be a back up. As long as I have right of refusal when you go to replace them.

TS
RickyG

RickyG

Faction Fan
Contributor
Phil...I'd be very happy to do so. In the end you'll have the right to say if you want them/or not first if I find another soul who has said yes. Just for clarity.

Sponsor