• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

'18 Atomic Vantage X 83 CTI

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
I had a pair of these in my closet I was going to sell, but skied them for 10-11 days in Smugglers' Notch and was quite surprised/impressed with them. We never had any big new snow storms while I was there, so have no impression of what they would be like in those conditions. I did, however, get to really test them out in groomed, ungroomed, bumps, a lot of glades/trees, etc.

I was quite surprised by their versatility and performance envelope. They represent a pretty neat compromise of light weight, yet stable ... carving capabilities, yet willingness to release on command ... easy to get acclimated to, yet able to trust them when pushed. At 165-170 lbs., I am not a heavyweight bruiser. Overall, here on the East coast, they seem to possess a really good balance of attributes for a skier my size.

If there was ONE THING I would change, it would be having a bit more tip taper. The overall width of the tips of the skis was just a bit more than I would put in the "just right" category for my glade/tree and bump skiing. So here's the question ...

Does anyone know these skis well enough to suggest if there is something that skis very close to them in terms of performance, weight and versatility, but might have a bit more tip taper?

Thanks.

trouts2

All camber, on edge, all day.
Pass Pulled
Without listing your ski’s spec’s it would be tough to tell what would less than you like.

Size (cm) 166 173 180

Tip Width (mm) 124 125.5 127

Waist Width (mm)80 80 80

Tail Width (mm)108.5 110 111.5

Turning Radius (m)14.4 15.2 16

You like the carving capability so is all camber or camber with rocker fixed?

Kestle has a similar model, MX84 that is stiffer but a great ski if you are looking for something for more aggression but probably too stiff for moguls.

K2 iKonic 80 Ti is similar. You could check the specs for those.

Sponsor