• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I'm jumping into this thread. Which surprises me since it's been quite some time since I've been able to count even 1 day. So I'm at 5 days and counting... and hoping that I can keep counting. Unfortunately I'm starting to develop an ankle issue.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
6-fingered-man.jpg

Northstar.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Yesterday was day 5, 5 in a row. I'm counting paid days because I ski the exact same when I'm coaching as when I'm freeskiing.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
1st of many this year here at Big Sky. Thanksgiving is opening day and turned out to be great coverage with quite a bit of terrain open including powder seeker.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
8 counting 6 in Chile in August. Might make it to 15 by Xmas...way behind a normal year

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
9 days in the Alps so far. But I have planned a bit more. If I can do everything that I have planned, It will be ~56 at the end of the season.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Day Two - powder with unlimited refills. Imperial and the T-Bar were open and actually had great conditions. (I didn't get to the T-Bar, but I heard good things.)

Super thrilling day. For the first time since my ACL surgery (2.5 years ago), I wasn't in pain from skiing. I'd been afraid I would start to associate skiing with pain more than I did with pleasure. Today was ... pure pleasure. And even more amazing, because I was on my old daily drivers, the La Ninas. God, I love those skis - but I haven't been able to ski them because of the forces involved. But they were back on my feet, and they felt like old friends. In fact, my ski buddies commented on how well I was skiing (I would say, confidently - definitely still/always some technique stuff) and how adventurous I was being. I had been afraid I'd never be able to ski them again - not without pain. But today ... *mwah* - perfection.

My heart is filled with joy.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Day 2 for me, Opening day for my local area. A surprise storm on Thanksgiving evening gave us the 6" needed to open on Saturday, We had to scramble a little to get enough patrollers signed up to patrol , but we pulled through and had a successful opening day, full parking lot! Only 1 accident and a couple of courtesy rides for the day. We had about a 3-5 inch packed(ish) base with 6" of super light snow on top of it, first two runs where great but now everything is a wee bit brown and prickly. I got to use my S/Lab MTN boots and the Shift bindings on my Black Diamond Boundary Pro 107 skis.. it's such a good combo, the boots feel fantastic, the bindings worked just as a normal alpine binding, and the skis were a good choice for the powder and later day crud. It makes me afraid to put my regular Langes cause the s/labs felt soooooo good.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
#2- Royal Mt. Was superb packed powder. Great opening day for my Home Mt. We even had lessons!! sadly it rained overnight.. went from winter to spring in less than 24Hrs!!

royal 12 24 17 3 - Copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.