• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouD-Truckee

no drivel here....⛷️⛷️⛷️
Skier
IMG_20190617_121655.jpg

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m currently at 110 lift served days and 10+ days hiking-skiing. If tomorrow wasn’t the first day of summer I may have made today my last day but want to be able to say I skied this summer.
I’ve had a goal to hike to the top of Mount Baldy from the Wildcat lot with my skis and boots on my back.
I’ve attempted it 5 times before today and finally made it.
Don’t tell anyone how good the coverage still is at Alta
I plan to hike and ski Gunsight tomorrow
CD8F55B3-3982-4C2A-A94D-4E99C6E46DBC.jpeg

A2E82222-1EB0-4BEA-91DD-0748C60ADCF3.jpeg

A8F680E1-93B5-4599-96A8-AE19E1D47BFF.jpeg

22416F2B-A8E6-4E0D-8B95-E3067E328C72.jpeg

jmills115

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Summer #2 or 123
It was a struggle getting up the hill with temps close to 60 which made it an hour up and 94 glorious seconds down.
Will be up overnight on a job and will see how I feel when done and if I have the energy, Ill start hiking tomorrow at 0400 when the temps are in the 40s.
For those on Instagram, check out The Daily Pow guys skiing Little Chute a few days ago.

86A6B214-CE8F-4CD5-A240-EE7E8ED7A257.jpeg

Bob Yoder

Yoder up
Skier
Hmmm... what is a day? I always wondered. Everyone seems to have a different measure of what constitutes a day. 1 run (backcountry) 1 run lift, 5 runs and on and on. If someone skis all day for 100 days versus someone skis 5 runs for 100 days, are they the same? Or is it simply on snow that day? Is it a contest? Should it be vertical feet? Alyeska measures that every year as all the lifts have rfid. The winner is usually around 6 million feet. He rips groomer after groomer versus someone hiking the ridge and getting 4 million. Who is the winner? Does anyone really care? Maybe instead of number of days it should simply be days on snow. I am happy with that. My Ikon Pass cost per day is now way below the cost of a beer. So drinking a beer each day would have cost me more than skiing ⛷. Now that is really a good thing Everyone have fun, still skiing to be had in a lot of places.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm... what is a day? I always wondered. Everyone seems to have a different measure of what constitutes a day. 1 run (backcountry) 1 run lift, 5 runs and on and on. If someone skis all day for 100 days versus someone skis 5 runs for 100 days, are they the same? Or is it simply on snow that day? Is it a contest? Should it be vertical feet? Alyeska measures that every year as all the lifts have rfid. The winner is usually around 6 million feet. He rips groomer after groomer versus someone hiking the ridge and getting 4 million. Who is the winner? Does anyone really care? Maybe instead of number of days it should simply be days on snow. I am happy with that. My Ikon Pass cost per day is now way below the cost of a beer. So drinking a beer each day would have cost me more than skiing ⛷. Now that is really a good thing Everyone have fun, still skiing to be had in a lot of places.
I count days that I clicked into the bindings and made turns. There have been days of one run (weather shut it down) and much longer days. For me it's just a count of how many times I made the effort and this is as good a place as any to keep track. It's also my record of where I skied and with whom. Makes it easier to remember in my sometimes cluttered brain.:daffy:

Steve

SkiMangoJazz
Pass Pulled
Throngs in thongs with bongs?

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online