• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
48 with the same gang as yesterday minus the Grumps plus @ChunderBlunder and @PisteOff. Short day so we could travel.

Decreed_It

I'd rather be skiing
Skier
8; 5 Alta, 1 Snowbird, 2 Taos

next up: Innsbruck

still jealous of y'all Western ski bums

9 - Patscherkofel - great family hill with some sweet trees and an amazing hut ('Alm'). My 2nd favorite of the 4 we hit.
10 - Axamer Lizum - bigger - party hill - ski conditions not so great but bluebird sun and spring warm.
11- Seefeld and off piste - favorite of the 4 we hit
12 - Stubai Gletscher - YUUUUUUUGE ski area, modern, commercial, Disney Land of Austrian Skiing. Did not like. Could see it being fun with fresh snow.

Next up, Banff. STILL jealous of you western ski bums (to which I aspire!) ;)

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
maxresdefault.jpg

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Skied all the way through the 31st. Through Sunshine and Whiteouts. I finished 2018 with 12 days. Not bad for a commuter! :D

Ok, time for my update, mostly so I can keep a count ... not sure why but hey:

Day 13: Jan 3 @ Sugar Bowl

Jan3.jpg

That was when the season was still dry. SB was icy that day! Day 14: Jan 12 @ Rose, better snow at higher altitude, bluebird:

Jan12.jpg

Jan 18 at Sugar Bowl with Mendieta Jr, flat light, the series of storms had already started. It was a wet one, lots of sierra cement everywhere:

Jan 18.jpg

Day 16 @ Rose: Jan 26. Beautiful snow, crowded on piste. Saw @Bobalooski and @Andy Mink , took a lesson with @Mark Downing :

Jan26.jpg

Feb 1st was day 17 at SB: real flight light in the morning!
Feb1.jpg

Then the series of beautiful snow storms kept me out for over two weeks! But it paid off. Feb 18 was amazing!

Feb18.jpg

Yesterday, day 19, after a small dump midweej was a lot of fun, not quite as epic as the 18th, but phenomenal day, good stuff everywhere. Sugar Bowl opened Crows Nest again. Yayyy!

Feb23.jpg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
49 at Big Sky with half the Pugski crew. Snow all day, visibility questionable at times, but fun fun fun! Hoping for a break in the weather so I can see this beast of an area.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Double digits, finally. Day 10 in ladies clinic at Caberfae, this past Friday Temps in the 30s and brilliant sunshine all day long.

Bad Bob

I golf worse than I ski.
Skier
Sweet 16 in the books. Still working 6 day weeks so not bad.

Celebrated by skiing 2' +/- at Soldier Mountain. Try it if you get the chance.

focker

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sweet 16 for me as well. Should get to 20 by next Tuesday. My usual number is 25. Hoping to break that this year by 1-2

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Days 12, 13 and 14 at Whitefish.

They got 12" Friday night and our group arrived Sat night. Snow was still good Sunday and also Monday and Tuesday if you knew where to look.

Lift 1 was closed Mon and Tues, but there was still good stuff off lift 4, especially in the trees.
IMG_2771.jpg
IMG_2772.jpg
IMG_2769.jpg

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Tuesday and Wednesday were 51 and 52 at Big Sky. So. Much. Snow. Not in a Sierra way but just enough.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
53 at Big Sky. The sun actually came out today and I could see where I haven't been skiing.
20190228_144826.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.