• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogg

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yesterday’s powder day at Snowbird brought me up to 9.
4 killington , 1 sugarbush, 1 Alta, 3 Snowbird
I’m heading to the bird again today for day 10. This is the last Alta-bird day on my pass so I’m planning a half day at solitude tomorrow before my flight.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I saw your Z-90s in the rack but they were gone when I came out. Ditto on the braille - I'll verify your claim about not being able to see and the piles were heavy. Added to that, I was wishing I was on my teles, as it was only my second day in 15 yrs on alpine gear in pow. That's not to say I didn't have fun on day 60. I had some very nice turns in sheltered spots and the back side before the wind really started howling.
Sorry I missed you. I love the Z90s but wish I was on something a bit more off-piste oriented.

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Day 4 on Saturday. Typical sunny corduroy day except for some emerging bumps on one of the steeper runs. I lasted a little longer on the groomers than I did on the powder the three weeks before.

TexasStout

Epic Pass + Loveland 4-pack for 2021-2022
Skier
Day 11 at Breck was very good and possibly very bad. We started off doing laps on the single blacks on Peak 10, then did a couple on Peak 9 before heading up 6 chair. Was my first time on Horshoe Bowl and enjoyed the hell out of it. Snow there was slightly firm, but grippy enough to make good turns and not have any slipping. Unfortunately, after we did our last run there we were just heading onto a passageway towards another area when i didn't realize there was a two foot dropoff going from left to right as i was turning, slid and fell with an abrupt stop against hard snow pile on edge of trail. Bindings didn't release and right knee twisted badly. Abrupt end of what had been a fun day. Hoping it isn't a premature end of the season.

LouD-Truckee

no drivel here....⛷️⛷️⛷️
Skier
day 78.....
IMG_20190204_155603139_HDR.jpg

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Not sure yet — had an MRI today and see the surgeon Tuesday. Keeping fingers crossed, but have prepared myself for the distinct possibility my season is over.

And the diagnosis is????

SKI-3PO

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
21 after a few great days in Utah

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
+3 days at Deer Valley
+3 days at Snowmass
+2 days Ajax
+6 days at St. Anton (Austria), including 2 of my best days ever!

Great season, not sure if I will ski more... possible trip to Whistler or Breck/Arapahoe in spring for +3 days.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
47 after today at Alta.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hoping for 60 today. This a.m. I sat in the truck deciding between JHMR and GT. I chose GT. Also had the bright idea to have the resort shop change my wax to super cold (-10 at the top).

So here I sit with a power outage. Auxiliary power is now spinning a lift but I have to decide whether to risk a lift stoppage in -5-10F. Given my record today I’ll wait for full power...and...can’t have my skis before then.

I’ll just have to replay this week’s powder in my mind.

Andy Mink

SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My Day 31 was pretty freaking awesome, at Deer Valley with Phil, Andy, @Justin Koski, and his wife Jenn
IMG_4549.jpg

Renoun Endurance 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online