• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Day 2. First day riding lifts.

By the crowds you'd think it was super secret. Felt like an April day. I love soft groomers.

@Philpug -- even skied some of those ancient 957s Equipes. And I still have knees!

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Day two at Mt. Rose with @AKMINK and @Mendieta. On a beautiful DWROD (diminished white ribbon of death). View attachment 56234
Still better than housework!
View attachment 56235

Yes! Day one for me in October! Thank you Mt Rose!
20181021_113114_HDR.jpg

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
One. 6 runs. Lots of people and some floaters in the snow.

I asked this in CO stoke, but what is that building, top left of center, in the photo below?

img_20181022_105356543_hdr_crop-jpg.56336

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Creeping on my van, but not skiing laps with @Blue Streak and I -- shame!

right! I was 2 rows behind you so I just happened to walk by. I looked for a pugski sticker in my car but didn't have one. Your window was open a bit so I was going to put one in your van. Looked for anyone with a pug sticker on their helmet or wearing a pug vest but no luck.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Looked for anyone with a pug sticker on their helmet or wearing a pug vest but no luck.

There is a fresh PugSki sticker on the back of the van. Couple more at home. No Pugski stickers on the helmet yet as it may be replaced shortly.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Does anyone else not even count their days? Once in a while I look at the calendar to get a rough idea of how many days but I don't keep track.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Does anyone else not even count their days? Once in a while I look at the calendar to get a rough idea of how many days but I don't keep track.

Blasphemer!

It is not a big deal, but I do like to know. As much because people always ask and saying 'oh, 50 or so' isn't quite as impactful as 'I got 53 today'

The beers taste the same in the lot regardless of number of days.
:beercheer:

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I keep track of the ski days for my family and one of my niece. Some of it is to keep track of where we have been. Can't remember year over year. The true purpose of keeping track is to figure out which skis needed tuning and/or waxing. I like to batch my tuning and waxing.
The equipment tracking also allows me to anticipate hardware needs for the coming season in the summer.

John Webb

mdskier
Skier
I'll pass on the DWROD (the diminished WROD's) -lol so likely ZERO till Thanksgiving.
A mob scene like driving the Belt Pkwy in NYC or the 5 in LA- not fun.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Five Days. Killington wraps up their first week of operation for the new season.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
One. A very depressing september day at the Stelvio glacier, spent skiing on black ice and dodging holes on the slopes.
Snow base so low that skilifts ropes were so tight that every now and then I got air lifted...a thing that wasn't occuring since I was a skinny kid...and I am 170+lbs nowadays. At one.specific lift, people had to, in order to release the lift, perform a little jump...problem is...the jump had to be done before a crevasse opening, two to three feet right before it, it was unnerving to say the least. One kid was not able to do it and ended up dangling, hangin on tight for his dear life, right above the crevasse, crying
for his dad help but being too high and to far to be reached by us. Lifties had to carefully and slowly (lift had been stopped when the lifty saw the kid had failed to release, unfortunately it was stopped with him in the wrong place) apply power to the lift until the kid passed over the crevasse mouth and reached a corniche where another lift was waiting to catch him. I had been considering taking a couple more runs before going home but after having witnessed that I decided that enough was enough, called it a day, headed home and have been waiting better times to go skiing since then. Day two will hopefully arrive in a couple of days in Austria.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
I finished October with 5. I haven't ridden a chair yet, but I hope to get some resort laps in this weekend.

Ulmerhutte

Getting on the lift
Skier
Not strictly 2018/19... more like 2018 only: 48 ski days in St Anton and 82 in Falls Creek (Australia). Still looking for that perfect turn.

8 weeks coming up in St Anton, starting Jan 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.