• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
Yesterday at Loveland was day 9. And it was pretty darned good.
I am glad that I got out for the fresh during the week, because this weekend will be a s#$t s@#w!
It really was the
:bestday:
And congratulations to @coskigirl and Brad!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
0 so far, worse part is I was at Whistler the other day (Sat) but couldn't ski. I was just carrying stuff for Lisa as she moves in for another ski season. Im gunna use the excuse that King Grump would." Was I at Whistler? I didn't see no hill!!!"

You are a good man Charlie Brown. :golfclap::golfclap:

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Day 2, Okemo — seems a lot more open than last season at this time. They're running A-Quad, Sunburst, and Solitude lifts (last year: a magic carpet to Sachem + Sunburst), and while last year it was Nor'easter and the World Cups, this year Saphire's open, too, as well as a small complex of trails off Solitude. Impressive start at both Okemo and Mount Snow, considering a kind of late start.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
How much of Okemo do you think will be open by next Friday/Saturday? Still hoping I don't have to work and can ski. :crossfingers:

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
This coming? I think it'll be fine. Supposed to chill off. They'll be making snow tonight and tomorrow night anyway (18º & 22º respectively). Currently 118 acres open. Let me know. I'm skiing Friday and then either Saturday or Sunday.

bgimby

Losing an edge
Skier
Day 1

Only Alpine Valley was open in SE Michigan, though not much of a crowd while I was there. It was a WRoD, but I've skied worse. It was neither ice or slush, which was pleasant.

Much better first day than last year. Felt like I almost remembered what I was doing.

Hopefully Friday will be my day 2 and gf's day 1 (ever!).

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
10 days before Thanksgiving, the first ever for me. And Thanksgiving is early this year too! Mt. Rose is skiing quite well too.
IMG_1598.JPG
IMG_1599.JPG
fullsizeoutput_6001.jpeg
IMG_1603.JPG

TonyC

Contact me at bestsnow.net
Pass Pulled
Opening day was Nov. 21, 10th earliest of my 40+ years of skiing and over three weeks earlier than average.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Day 3, Okemo. Some lines, but the biggest change is in the snow — dust piles on crust. The sweet softness of Wednesday (it rained) froze solid, over which was placed a bandaiding of man made.

I’m guessing tomorrow’s rain will suppress weekend crowds and soften up the lines.

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 4 on Bristol's short WROD. It was a gorgeous day-beats NOT skiing! Slalom skis add at least 50' to the slope! Might be time to head up to VT and start using our MAX pass.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Feeling a little sluggish today: A short Day 4, testing new MXs. I've been on 66mm skis since the beginning of the season (all of three days), so the jump to a stiffish 88 was a bit startling. The MX is the definition of edge-grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online