• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LouD-Truckee

no drivel here....⛷️⛷️⛷️
Skier
Moon over Siberia..... #160
IMG_20180508_132648.jpg

RJS

Out on the slopes
Skier
39 days for the 2017-2018 season! I had a good end of the season at Killington on Saturday. Quite a few more than the 15 days I got in last season. My MAX Pass ended up costing $29/day, and my Mountain Collective Pass ended up costing $44/day.

I feel so incredibly grateful for everything this season.

MarkP

Saturday, and Saturday, and Saturday...
Skier

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm stalled at 53. My daughter is here for a few weeks and wants to go, but I don't know...

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
Moon over Siberia..... #160

Ok, I just realized. Today I was on the lift (the Siberia lift IIRC), and two ski buddies are talking. One mentions that he was over 100 days for the season. The other says "quite an achievement for a season like this one". And the first guy says something along the lines of "I actually know a guy who did 160 days so far this season".

They must have been talking about you!!

:hail:

geepers

Skiing the powder
Skier
2015/16 119 days, 2.5 million vertical feet, 4,100 km
2016/17 73 days, 1.4 million vertical feet, 2,400 km
2017/18 *42 days, 0.7 million vertical feet, 1,150 km (* so far - will get a week or 2 more skiing in Australia)

Hmm... That's definitely trending the wrong direction...

Pumba

Out on the slopes
Skier
il_fullxfull.1299338124_oer2.jpg

Reached my goal of 30 Days at the recent Mother's Day Gathering!....Not sure how much more I can up that number as long as I am employed. I think 32 is a fair goal for next season. Looking back, I've done pretty well with this skiing thing:

2015: 13 days.
This was my first official ski season. I discovered Epic when doing research for my very first BIG SKI/SNOWBOARD TRIP. I ended up meeting @mdf at Snowmass for a drink and trivia night. Honestly, I was too embarrassed to ski with him, bc all I could really manage were the blues off of Elk Camp at the time. Despite this, he convinced me to make use of my MCP and attend the Jackson Hole Gathering. Although painfully awkward at first, the rest is history...At this stage, I was still renting all my equipment. I only went for the cheapest "sport" packages. My skis were barely up to my shoulders. At Jackson, @Uncle Louie graciously taught me and Trish (@mdskier's wife) the fundamentals of how to ski properly...I think I bought my first skis and boots in the summer of this year, only for MOST of the new shiny $$$$ gear to be STOLEN from the back of our jeep in Oakland. That was tragic...:(:eek::doh::huh::huh:

2016: 20 days.
Can't remember the breakdown, but this included the Aspen Gathering. I had to buy new boots at Snowmass in order to ski.

2017: 25-27 days.
Again, can't exactly remember the breakdown, but we had the Whistler Gathering. I think I also did my first Taos ski week, which I attribute to really helping me to improve. My memory is terrible!

2018: 30 days!
This included my Canadian road trip, The Utah Gathering, Tahoe week, and Mother's Day Gathering.

Wow, I've already been to 5 Gatherings! This skiing thing is addictive!

Bill Miles

Old Man Groomer Zoomer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Possibilty of another trip to Bachelor (pass paid for) or Mammoth (a long drive), but looks pretty warm and my old body has a hard time with the warm conditions.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
View attachment 46277
Despite this, he convinced me to make use of my MCP and attend the Jackson Hole Gathering.

Congratulations. Sounds like a great season. That @mdf is indeed a persuasive one. I'm a very cautious skier and after skiing a couple runs with him he managed to convince me to go down Highline at Killington. I've admired and was terrified of this black all at the same time for quite a while. I'd always stare up at it going one day............ It was actually a very fun run and he acted as sweeper behind me to make sure I was ok going down it. Sometimes it's good to be persuaded ;) as it can good to get out of ones comfort zone.

You looked like you had a lot of fun this past season and cheers to being encouraged to get out of ones comfort zone because 3 seasons later look at you :).

Hope to ski with you one of these days.

:beercheer:

Status
Not open for further replies.