• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
Well, 16 — Sunapee again. Arrived earlier, first lot parking, and conditions until about noon were decent in places. Clearly the recovery is just starting. :nono:

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Day 19 - all areas around the Midwest but that will change.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Day 3.. Slept in til 7:15. Took my time. Arrived at Wintergreen around 11am.. Found a parking spot all the way at the end of the last lot F. You could legitimately say I hiked for turns today hahahaha. Add about 1K vert to my totals for the schlep from the lot to the lifts and back.. I'm getting too old for that spit..

Fair conditions, cold and blowing snow all day but wind was keeping plenty of that re frozen granite in play. SL skis were the proper choice for the conditions today..
26230537_1948098655205663_2294124400347916390_n.jpg

I skied two runs on each open trail today.. Worked out to draw some nice little 8's on the map :)

Reactions: nay

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
SL skis. The ticket to nirvana when pistes are hell.

If I had known it wasn't going to be crowded I would have gone with GS skis. I did have to shut it down super quick at one bottlekeck when a little kid and his family made a really unexpected move and blocked the entire opening we all had to share.. If I had been going faster I would have just decided to blow through the bamboo poles blocking a snow whales that only left about 10 feet on that side pf the trail open. The kid stopped in the middle of that gap and his noob family also all stopped right there.. Had to stop completely and wait for them to push off and move past it.. With 4 of them and all looking brand new I didn't think it was a safe bet to guess which way they would push off or if they'd even look or all push off in the same direction again.. Ahh the hassle of skiing under control hahahaha..

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
If I had known it wasn't going to be crowded I would have gone with GS skis. I did have to shut it down super quick at one bottlekeck when a little kid and his family made a really unexpected move and blocked the entire opening we all had to share.. If I had been going faster I would have just decided to blow through the bamboo poles blocking a snow whales that only left about 10 feet on that side pf the trail open. The kid stopped in the middle of that gap and his noob family also all stopped right there.. Had to stop completely and wait for them to push off and move past it.. With 4 of them and all looking brand new I didn't think it was a safe bet to guess which way they would push off or if they'd even look or all push off in the same direction again.. Ahh the hassle of skiing under control hahahaha..

Yeah, it’s true. Wiping out a family is a sure-fire way to harsh a guy’s mellow.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
16 so far. Mostly groomer days but a few really nice pow days mixed in.

BANNR0GLITVAC-2.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier

Read Blinn

lakespapa
Inactive
I rather miss the edge grip of my redsters. I'm thinking of picking up a pair of tuned down SL skis for the kind of days you mention. I don't want to hijack this thread so feel free to PM me but what's do you recommend. I know you have blossoms. ;)

There are far better people than I to answer this question. I've demoed a Rossi Hero ST I liked (but I like my skis better :) )

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Day 17 Today at Beaver Creek. Much colder but sunny and snow much better than yesterday. Still firm but nicer.

0125c912971b2cc6d179e56bc79dcaea.jpg

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
About 20, well below par , usually I ought to be at about 30-35 by now but since the 2015 car acciedent..the tide has turned on toward the low...flu cases during Christmas time has had me first to stay home taking care of the sick kid, then out skiing only three days, then staying @home taking antibiotics for the reminder of the time and leaving me weak and out of shape...slowly getting back...we shall see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online