• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMD

Getting on the lift
Skier
5 days so far this season at the Basin. A picture from earlier this week enjoying skiing early season with Geoff Darst-Harald Harb-Diana Rogers. Great to see Phil and Tricia yesterday. I prefer the thrill of quality carved turns to just vertical feet. I am lucky to be retired, have every day available to ski and live in Summit County Colorado.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
5 days so far this season at the Basin. A picture from earlier this week enjoying skiing early season with Geoff Darst-Harald Harb-Diana Rogers. Great to see Phil and Triscia yesterday. I prefer the thrill of quality carved turns to just vertical feet. I am lucky to be retired, have every day available to ski and live in Summit County Colorado.
It was good to meet Diana.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Where did the seeming obsession that many skiers have with 'day count' start? I really don't understand it... :huh:

and don't even get me started on it's sequel, 'feet of elevation' skied. :doh:

If you get out there and have fun, isn't that enough!!!
The obsession is called arithmomania and it is a recognized OCD symptom of which I am blessed. Strongly suspect that many of my fellow skiers also have this same disorder. Can also tell you the milage on all my vehicles and the price of gas at the different stations in town. Tend to remember golf holes and ski area run layouts even after only having been somewhere only once. Skiing is so much more than just having fun thus it deserves to be measured and cherished.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
THREE days so far! Milking the few remaining days of unemployment. I had opening day at both A Basin (last Friday) and Loveland (today), with another A Basin day in between. Given the difference in crowds, I'll be skiing Loveland till Keystone opens and siphons off some Epic traffic.

Giant Nay with me and non-pugger Shirley.

20171020_121349.jpg

Kurt

Ski 4 Life
Instructor
3 so far; 2 at Zermatt and 1 at Saas Fee; caught them right after and during early season snow

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
The big ONE! Went this morning ro Mt. Rose with @Philpug and @Tricia. Good snow, just not a lot of it. Kudos to the Mt. Rose staff for getting it spinning.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
0, and first day not yet in sight.

We do, however, have the lovely November grey skies and cold rain. But there might be the first flakes mixed in this weekend.

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Day 1 at A Basin today.

IMG_8960-1.JPG

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
0, and first day not yet in sight.

We do, however, have the lovely November grey skies and cold rain. But there might be the first flakes mixed in this weekend.
I remember those days of praying for an opening by Thanksgiving...which isn't always guaranteed in Northern Michigan.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Day 5. Loveland. And now my watch begins ... have to actually work for a living starting Monday.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I remember those days of praying for an opening by Thanksgiving...which isn't always guaranteed in Northern Michigan.
Every year, I need to remind myself how quickly it can change around here.

RuleMiHa

Out on the slopes
Skier
On the other hand the first year I lived in the U.P. I came back from vacation to two feet of snow on the ground in the first week of October, but of course when I was skiing and wanted it to snow, nada!

Murphy, His Laws, and their Corrollaries!

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
FOUR!!!!!

IMG_1475.JPG

Might be a couple of weeks till I hit five though :(

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
FOUR!!!!!

9fb1e491-0c28-4d5d-9148-edf26b30c45d-jpeg.32242

Might be a couple of weeks till I hit five though :(

Permissions issue? Your image shows as broken, but then displays in my preview window here in the quote, but then shows broken again when I actually post.

Status
Not open for further replies.