• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

Dryheat

Getting on the lift
Skier
A big thanks to Tricia, Phil, and the many others who helped make this gathering a fantastic time. I truely felt welcome and cherished the many conversations had.

I had a few regrets: 1) having to rush off to the airport to spend the next week at a trade show. 2) going light on the shot-ski because of the impending trade show 3) not being able to push @mdf to the bell each day.

I hope to be able to rectify all these failing next year.

Gary Stolt

Mr. Style
Team Gathermeister
No, but close.
It was A-Basin on a Saturday when @Mr.Vertical /GZ brought out his grill and a bunch of burgers and pretzel buns. Someone random came up to Gary and asked if there was a vegan portion of the grill to grill her vegan thingy.
Gary looked up from the grill with a dumfounded look, and Glenn said "I don't understand the question" with an equally dumfounded look on his face.
img_20170513_112404436-jpg.24203

img_20170513_123617729-jpg.24204

Looking through old pics from a year or two ago. @nay is this Axel from just a year ago? Dang they grow up fast.
https://www.pugski.com/threads/12th-annual-mothers-day-trip.9811/#post-240754
6060fd9c-d6ce-4964-8eeb-d0f66b7d3970-jpeg.45528
I, too, recall the question (but not who asked it) and Trish is correct. Vegan? On a Grill? On the A-Basin beach? I was stumped. Not even sure I knew what "Vegan" meant. We don't have too many "Vegans" in KY. Lots of "rednecks, but not too many "vegans".
Anyway, I did clear out a space and grilled some "Vegan Material" and all was good.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I, too, recall the question (but not who asked it) and Trish is correct. Vegan? On a Grill? On the A-Basin beach? I was stumped. Not even sure I knew what "Vegan" meant. We don't have too many "Vegans" in KY. Lots of "rednecks, but not too many "vegans".
Anyway, I did clear out a space and grilled some "Vegan Material" and all was good.
What you failed to realize, in your Kentucky innocence, is that she was really looking for a portion of the grill that had never been touched by meat. She was clearly looking for a different grill, and possibly a different grillmaster ;)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
There's two types of vegans. Those that need a grill untouched by meat, and those who just need it brushed off. Don't think I've met the second one.
and a third, "Vegans, once removed" they eat cows/pigs/chickens/ect who ate vegetables.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
There's two types of vegans. Those that need a grill untouched by meat, and those who just need it brushed off. Don't think I've met the second one.

I actually do know those - my aunt and uncle have gone vegan for health reasons (it's helped his heart situation tremendously). But they'll still indulge occasionally - VERY occasionally.

Me, I got all frisky at A Basin and decided to eat a whole donut - having been gluten free for over a decade. Surely I'd be fine. The results were unpleasant, although they at least were nice enough to wait until I got back home. PS the donut was delicious - thanks to whoever brought them!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I actually do know those - my aunt and uncle have gone vegan for health reasons (it's helped his heart situation tremendously). But they'll still indulge occasionally - VERY occasionally.

Me, I got all frisky at A Basin and decided to eat a whole donut - having been gluten free for over a decade. Surely I'd be fine. The results were unpleasant, although they at least were nice enough to wait until I got back home. PS the donut was delicious - thanks to whoever brought them!
Those donuts did look incredible and smelled even better. I fought the urge to eat one, because I knew it wouldn't be just one and that's a slippery slope I have no desire to go down ;)

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
A little late but want to thank everyone who made the meetup happen. Also, the food was amazing.

Doug
Was really great meeting you two.
Hope to see you on the slopes again.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
WTF... @jimmy let me know earlier today that our new friend Russell Fleming who we had just met on Cinco De Mayo passed away! @Hotchocolate, can you fill us in? @bbinder can you let Marcia know?

This is Russell in the center. We are sick about this.

tMORjbU9RsaTW2gKhGwjog.jpg

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
Something on his Facebook page mentioned acute mountain sickness, but please take that with a grain of salt.

@Philpug

My friend from Pico mentioned it was complications due to acute mtn sickness at A-Basin. I’ve heard nothing beyond that & not sure the accuracy of the info.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Last edited:
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin