• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I'll be there Sunday - oh, hey, and my friend Barry will be, too!

@Tricia - I can't find the picture of you and Barry from last year!
Hmmm, I'm not sure which picture you're talking about.

Edit: I went looking and found the picture. I remember. Too funny!
18518008_10212136459382468_1861289375609151706_o.jpg

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Sorry, due to low tide and (extremely) marginal conditions around the beach area, we will not be sending demos out on Sunday. If there is a "my buying decision depends on me getting out on a particular ski" case, please let me know and we can make some one-on-one arrangments.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Sorry, due to low tide and (extremely) marginal conditions around the beach area, we will not be sending demo's out on Sunday. If there is a "my buying decision depends on me getting out on a particular ski" case, please let me know and we can make some one on one arrangments.

I'd been thinking of just drinking ... er, I mean, chilling - at the beach. This is another finger on the scale ...

tball

Unzipped
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'd been thinking of just drinking ... er, I mean, chilling - at the beach. This is another finger on the scale ...
Nooooo! Those Ramrod bumps are looking tasty this morning!

Please make a few laps for those of us not allowed to the slush buffet!

abasincam1001m (3).jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Nooooo! Those Ramrod bumps are looking tasty this morning!

Please make a few laps for those of us not allowed to the slush buffet!

View attachment 45671

Look, you wanna get the fun, you gotta go out there yourself!

I tweaked my knee falling into a tree well (no shit) a few weeks ago. I can still feel it a bit with the kind of lateral motions involved in skiing. Spring snow is rough on my knee, anyway. I'm finally feeling good enough to do some mountain biking (descending with even pedals is the painful part), and I don't want to set that back. The last two Mother's Days that I've skied, bad things happened to that knee. I'm going to be busy in Longmont till late on Saturday. And my boots etc are in Breck, so I'd have to drive past A Basin, get the stuff, and backtrack. I'd rather just lounge with whoever's lounging at the moment.

With all that .... I'm good. Just going for the social element.

mike_m

Instructor
Skier
Great day skiing with old and new friends! Snow was decent and the company was excellent!

Some of you asked about the training I did last summer in New Zealand. Here's the thread/diary I posted last August:

https://forum.pugski.com/threads/instructor-training-in-new-zealand.5607/

If you're interested in joining me this summer, send me a PM!

I'm going to avoid the crowds this weekend (one advantage of living up here and being able to hit the Basin anytime!). Have fun, all!

Best!
Mike

Lady_Salina

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm sure this will get moved to a trip report or something... But yea it was skiing better than it looked and it was looking pretty good considering the snow season in Colorado this year. So much fun to make a few more turns at this time of year. Love meeting up with the Pugski gang. IMG_0070.jpg

MDF showing how to ski backward, get caught in the deep slush, make you skis cross to protect you and complete a fall all in one quick move.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Not looking bad, was fun to get out and make turns, thanks for the ski loan Phil)
Abasin_Panorama1_resize.jpg

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
I had an amazing time today. It was a pleasure meeting you all and am very grateful for all the hospitality! It was a spectacular day and I didnt even ski that much! It wasnt really about the skiing even if that is what brings us together. I didnt take any pictures, so post em if you got em!

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I had an amazing time today. It was a pleasure meeting you all and am very grateful for all the hospitality! It was a spectacular day and I didnt even ski that much! It wasnt really about the skiing even if that is what brings us together. I didnt take any pictures, so post em if you got em!
You know, we've been saying that all along. Its about the skiing, but its more about the people. :yeah:
:rocks:

Sponsor

Staff online