• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

115+ waist skis available in lengths 169-172? GO!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
It's weird. Skis this fat can be found at 165 and 175, but what about in between? Are there any fat skis available in different increments?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Can you wait till next season? :D

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Can you wait till next season? :D

Oh, I think you know the answer to that ;-) Why wait till next season when I can fritter away cash - I mean stimulate the ski economy - this season AND next?

But I am now very, very curious.

And I'm not shopping this season.

Not necessarily.

Not unless, you know ...

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Icelantic Gypsy. Remember? Keeper, too.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Icelantic Gypsy. Remember? Keeper, too.

Oh. Good point. I forgot about the Gypsies after selling them. Keeper is interesting with its traditional camber - I tend to think of these widths as being more of a full rocker thing.

SBrown

Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Head Venturi 115. Rossi Super 7. Kästle BMX 118. Moment Ghost Train. Salomon Q115. Nordica La Nina is close, at 113.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
+ 4FRNT Hoji Womens , RAMP Kapow, K2 Pettitor 120, G3 Empire Carbon, Praxis RX, Praxis Powderboard, Rossi Star 7, Igneous Raglefant F, Igneous Fall Line FFF, Prior Harmony

marginal misses: ON3P Billygoat, Nordica LaNina, Volkl Shiro

Last edited:
TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
You guys are awesome! Thanks!

(Whether this should actually matter to me is another matter (see other thread), but it's interesting to see what's out there. Unsurprisingly, they are brands that aren't on my radar usually.)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Waist and width are the two number that peopl
You really don't need finer increments at that width. The shape and the extent of the rocker sections would have a much higher impact on how the ski feels. I think true pow skis could be made in two lengths: heavy person and light person.
...and flexes.

Erik Timmerman

Instructor
La Nina comes in a 169, doesn't it? You should get that. And also don't worry about length too much.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
La Nina comes in a 169, doesn't it? You should get that. And also don't worry about length too much.

One of my ski buddies skis that. I don't think I could pry her out of them, but she does love them. But - I thought I had heard that La Ninas were not going off gangbusters like Santa Ana. Then again, you could have a very popular ski that's still not as popular as the Santa Ana is turning out to be.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
You really don't need finer increments at that width. The shape and the extent of the rocker sections would have a much higher impact on how the ski feels. I think true pow skis could be made in two lengths: heavy person and light person.

I am very heavy for my height, and I don't want to be skiing the length that 200 pounds would suggest I should be skiing.

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Last season's La Nina is available a few different places. 169 and 177. *ponder ponder* Is this one of those skis that would get thrown around in crud?

TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
TS
Monique

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
@Philpug If I were considering getting myself, er, having Eric get me either the women's Hoji or the Nordica LaNina, would either of those be a good fit for me? I'm still having mental issues with the length of the Volkl One. I really want a ski that's longer than 166. The Santa Ana in 169 really feels about perfect for me.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
@Philpug If I were considering getting myself, er, having Eric get me either the women's Hoji or the Nordica LaNina, would either of those be a good fit for me? I'm still having mental issues with the length of the Volkl One. I really want a ski that's longer than 166. The Santa Ana in 169 really feels about perfect for me.
All lengths are not equal, there are other things that go into a ski, especially with a powder ski. If you like a 169 and you like the Santa Ana, go with it's big sister the La Nina which has shared it's DNA with the Santa Ana.

Sponsor

Staff online