• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

106 Year old credits 'best-quality liquor' to longevity

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I love this quote-
‘Waiting to be carted away is a stupid waste of life.'

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
In a similar vein*, when I read the Keith Richards autobiography I noticed that he repeatedly credited his survival over the time of his addiction to only using the very best, purest heroin. Make of that what you will.

* ogwink Get it?

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Heck, Keith Richards is 106 too, right??

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
terms of best liquor, while I don't think it'll get me to 106, I recall two distinct drinking events in my life that stand out.

back just out of highschool binged with friends over a late afternoon into early morning hours, I had my own 750ml bottle of gin .. very cheap gin. Next morning besides my horrid hangover it tasted as if I ate a pine tree. I just crawled down to my parents basement for cool and darkness and slept most the day. Recall it still to this day. years later I hang out with and make top end Margaritas with my Bro in Law. He, my sister in law and I drank all afternoon into the morning. I'm sure I drank at least if not more alcohol.

Got up next morning and was fine to go ... not buzzed, not hung over, neither were my in laws.

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
terms of best liquor, while I don't think it'll get me to 106, I recall two distinct drinking events in my life that stand out.

back just out of highschool binged with friends over a late afternoon into early morning hours, I had my own 750ml bottle of gin .. very cheap gin. Next morning besides my horrid hangover it tasted as if I ate a pine tree. I just crawled down to my parents basement for cool and darkness and slept most the day. Recall it still to this day. years later I hang out with and make top end Margaritas with my Bro in Law. He, my sister in law and I drank all afternoon into the morning. I'm sure I drank at least if not more alcohol.

Got up next morning and was fine to go ... not buzzed, not hung over, neither were my in laws.
I've had similar experiences. I have a bigger issue with drinks made with mixers - Example Margaritas - that can be made with simple ingredients. Tequila, Cointreau and lime.
The sugar and other crap kills me.
(perhaps literally as well as figuratively)

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
How do we know the real secret to longevity isn't staying with the snowplow? Josh?

pete

not peace but 2 Beers!
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
as far a Lou, there was the vid I caught a few months back, YouTube story from CBS Sunday Morning, this one from 2011 he was only 100, nice form ...

TS
Tricia

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
as far a Lou, there was the vid I caught a few months back, YouTube story from CBS Sunday Morning, this one from 2011 he was only 100, nice form ...

I've skied Nubs several times. The nice thing about those slopes in Michigan is that they're not a lot of vert and you get some nice slow chair lift rides.
Great vibes from Nubs Nob!

I wouldn't change my current life back to my old life for anything but there is something special about the vibe at those small hills where I cut my teeth, and the respect for those before us.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I've skied Nubs several times. The nice thing about those slopes in Michigan is that they're not a lot of vert and you get some nice slow chair lift rides.
Great vibes from Nubs Nob!

I wouldn't change my current life back to my old life for anything but there is something special about the vibe at those small hills where I cut my teeth, and the respect for those before us.
The small hills have something that keeps calling us back. That is the way I feel about Hunter and Blue. I would not be surprised if Phil has the same feeling about some small hill, maybe Camel Back in PA?

Sponsor

Staff online